Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they challenge specific points made in the reading passage.

Essay topics in audio

Both the reading and the listening discuss wind energy. The article states the wind is a renewable resource that is available, abundant and affordable in everywhere. However, the lecture challenges specific points made in the reading passage. The professor says it is true that the wind is a promise source of energy but there are some problem with it.

The first point the professor makes is the amount of energy can be unpredictable. He elaborates the turbines do not generate energy with a certain frequency. This point challenges the point made in the reading. The latter states that compared to other energy resources, wind energy is affordable and clean.

Furthermore, the professor points out the costs of the wind energy. He explains it is expensive to develop the turbines. To illustrate, the technology demands high investment and depending on the location it can be expensive to buy one turbine. This challenges the information from the reading. According to the passage, wind energy is one of the lowest priced renewable energy technologies available currently.

Finally, the lecture states there are some concerns about the wind plants. As the speaker has it, the environment can be damaged due to the noise of the blades. Another concern is the killed birds. Researches found many birds killed in California. This point challenges the reading’s key point. According to the article, wind power is safe and environment friendly.

there are some problem with it.
there are some problems with it.

He elaborates the turbines do not generate energy
He elaborates that the turbines do not generate energy

He explains it is expensive to develop
He explains that it is expensive to develop

Researches found many birds killed in California.
Researches found that many birds are killed in California.