Summarize the pointS made in the lecture, explain how they cast doubt on the reading.TOPIC: DOWSING

Summarize the pointS made in the lecture, explain how they cast doubt on the reading.

TOPIC: DOWSING

The speaker talks about dowsing and states that this is an old method that many people believe that works, but there is not scientific evidences to support that dowsing really works. In contrast, the article describe dowsing and provide some evidences that support the validity of dowsing.

First, the professor thinks that dowsing is against the physic's law because there is not logical explanation why dowsing tools can detect energy or frequency produced by the underground water. In contrast, in the article the author describes the people who practice dowsing and the way that they use their tools as an effective way.

Second, the professor posits that nowadays, scientist have instruments to detect invisible waves such as magnetic waves, and scientist have try to find any energy released from underground water or objects to explain the validity of dowsing and they did not find anything. On the other hand, the article states that dowsing is gaining popularity, moreover, it is used with oil companies to detect oil.

Finally, the professor claims that scientifics found that the dowsing only works when the variable can be predicted. In other word, if we dig out in a place where we know that there is water close by, then, we might find water.

To sum up, the professor disagrees with dowsing due to the fact that there is not scientific evidence that can support it validity.

but there is not scientific evidences to support
but there are no scientific evidences to support

the article describe dowsing and provide some evidences
the article describes dowsing and provides some evidences

because there is not logical explanation
because there is no logical explanation

and scientist have try to find
and scientists have try to find

there is not scientific evidence that can support it validity.
there is no scientific evidence that can support its validity.

Sentence: Finally, the professor claims that scientifics found that the dowsing only works when the variable can be predicted.
Error: scientifics Suggestion: scientific