Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House is opened in 1973 and built based on a design that made by Jory Utson, the Danish architecture. The construction of the building had been longed 17 years and the structure of it was extraordinary in that time and actually is still.

The author explains the process of construction of the opera house building. Utson’s design was selected among 230 different designs that architectures submitted from all over the world. Utson has expressed his thoughts about the opera house that it is a sculpture more than a building since the view of it changes according to from where you look at it. As Utson wanted the opera house to be an organic structure, picked Bennelong Point which is kind of a peninsula to place, so, the building could be seen like sailing ship at full sail on the water.

However, the structure of the opera house was revolutionary not just because of the design also engineering requirements was so far than current technology at that time. As the engineering and construction problems were solved in 17 years by improvement of the computer technologies and construction materials, Sydney Opera House opened their doors to the public.

The lecturer classifies the opera house as an unique masterpiece since it does not fit any of architectural category with its advanced structure and esthetic shape. To build a roof like sailing ship required high-technologic aspect and a lot of imaginative approaches.

Briefly, Sydney Opera House is a great masterpiece with its design and engineering, and the given effort to build it.

However, the structure of the opera house was revolutionary not just because of the design also engineering requirements was so far than current technology at that time.
Description: can you re-write this sentence?