tidal power integrated task

tidal power- integrated task

The reading passage explains how the tidal energy can be exploited to generate electricity by ma making dams on estuary of rivers. The professor highlights some disadvantages of such power plants on the regional ecosystem and economy as well as its limited capacity for power production.

First of all, she asserts that the tidal electricity generator can only supply a small fraction of the needed amount of electrical power. However, the passage says that by having four tides per a day there will be four periods of producing practical amounts of electricity.

Secondly, the professor discusses the negative impacts of the tidal generators on the ecosystem of the related regions. For the first thing, the disturbances in water salination and sedations lead to the growth of red tidal organisms. This will results in unfavorable changes of the niches for birds and normal vegetation of the area. Furthermore, the fishes that are trapped behind the dam will die unless there is a provision for them, which is costly. This undermines the passage that says this type of alternative energy is non-polluting.

Finally, the professor underlines the economical effect of the dams on estuaries as the fishing boats cannot go through the passage from the river to the sea and backward. This is not in agreement with the whole concept of the passage that implies the tidal energy is a good alternative option in areas of diminishing fossil fuel reserves.

Sentence: The reading passage explains how the tidal energy can be exploited to generate electricity by ma making dams on estuary of rivers.
Error: ma Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: For the first thing, the disturbances in water salination and sedations lead to the growth of red tidal organisms.
Error: salination Suggestion: No alternate word