考满分 toeflTPO-02 Integrated Writingnext17:02 HIDE TIMEDirections: You have 20 minutes to plan and write your response. Your response will be judged on the basis of the quality of your writing and on how well your response presents the points in the

考满分 toeflTPO-02 Integrated Writing
next
17:02 HIDE TIME
Directions: You have 20 minutes to plan and write your response. Your response will be judged on the basis of the quality of your writing and on how well your response presents the points in the lecture and their relationship to the reading passage. Typically an effective response will be 300 words at least.

Question: Summarise the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made reading passage.
In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages. First of all, a group of people has a wider range of knowledge,expertise, and skills than any single individual is likely to possess. Also, because of the numbers of people involved and the greater resources they possess, a group can work more quickly in response to the task assigned to it and can come up with highly creative solutions to problems and issues. Sometimes these creative solutions come about because a group is more likely to make risky decisions that an individual might not undertake. This is because the group spreads responsibility for a decision to all the members and thus no single individual can be held accountable if the decision turns out to be wrong.

Taking part in a group process can be very rewarding for members of the team. Team members who have a voice in making a decision will no doubt feel better about carrying out the work that is entailed by the decision than they might doing work that is imposed on them by others. Also, the individual team member has a much better chance to “shine”, to get his or her contributions and ideas not only recognized but recognized as highly significant, because a team’s overall results can be more far-reaching and have greater impact than what might have otherwise been possible for the person to accomplish or contribute working alone.

Copy Cut Paste Word Count:0

Both the reading and the writing are talking about working as a group of team members. The reading passage says that it is a good idea to work in a group of members,a nd provides three reason of support.
However, the professor explains that not helpful actually and refutes each of the author's reasons.

First, the article states that working as a group of people is very useful because they have a wider range of knowledge, expertise, and skills more than any single individual. the professor refutes this point by stating that it is not true, due to number of the team members will not contribute actually and only few of them will do that and this will affect taking the decision and part of them will take a free ride.

Second, the article claims that group of people can work more and quickly in responding to the task assigned due to the number of people work in. However, the lecturer contends that in some project it will take more time and a lot of meetings to get the consensus on a decision and that's make take a long time than the reading discussed.

finally, the writer avers that the the working as a group of people will be very rewarding for the members of the team because they have voice in making the decision with no doubt. The speaker opposes this point by saying that it is not true due to few numbers of influenced people will take the decision and may affect on the on other members decision and change theirs. While others have different decision. So when one of the decisions is wrong the blame will be on all the team members regardless to the opposing members.
That how the lecture opposes the reading passage.

the professor explains that not helpful actually
the professor explains that it is not helpful actually

due to number of the team members will not contribute actually
Description: check books how to use 'due to'.

and that's make take a long time than the reading discussed.
and that takes a long time than the reading discussed.

Sentence: finally, the writer avers that the the working as a group of people will be very rewarding for the members of the team because they have voice in making the decision with no doubt.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: The speaker opposes this point by saying that it is not true due to few numbers of influenced people will take the decision and may affect on the on other members decision and change theirs.
Description: The tag an article is not usually followed by on
Suggestion: Refer to the and on
Suggestion: Refer to members and decision

----------------------