tpo 16 integrated one

Essay topics

In this set of material both the reading and the speaker are talking about the archaeology in twentieth century in United Kingdom. The reading states that, the science of archaeology was faced with serious problems and limitations in Britain, and it provides three supporting reasons. Conversely the speaker casts doubts on what has mentioned in the reading , and refutes each claim in the reading.

First, the reading claims that, many valuable artifacts were lost to construction projects. For example, in 1950 with the growth of Britain's population, there were a lot of constructions in Britain's cities and towns. Many construction had artifacts, therefore after that they destroyed. However, the professor doesn't agree and she says that, the construction have to be examined before the construction started. For example, if archaeologists check the building , and they didn't find any artifacts , the builder and the government made a plan before construction is allowed to proceed.

Second, the reading states that, many archaeologists felt that the financial support for archaeological research was inadequate. For example, for most of the twentieth century , archaeology didn't take financial support from the governments, and left many projects without support. Yet, the professor doesn't agree, and she says that, the payment supported by the companies not from the governments. For example, company has to pay so there will be a new source of financial support.

Third, it was difficult to have a career in archaeology. For example, there were jobs only at universities or with a government agencies. Many people who wanted to be archaeologist did other career or contributing to unpaid archaeological research. But the professor doesn't agree, and she says that, the new guidelines allow many workers to hire along the stages of construction. For example, there were many stages of construction, examination stage , plan, research, processing of the data, and write the report and articles,also there is increasing in the number of archaeologist in Britain which is now the highest that ever been.

Many construction had artifacts, therefore after that they destroyed
Description: 'they' refers to what? Be sensitive to use pronouns.

the construction have to be examined
the constructions have to be examined

the payment supported by the companies not from the governments.
the payment supported by the companies are not from the governments.

the highest that ever been
the highest that ever has been

Write the essay in 20 minutes. Less contents wanted from the reading passages(25%) but more content wanted from the lecture (75%).