TPO 18 Integrated

TPO 18 Integrated

Torreya taxifolia, is a type of evergreen tree that suddenly with no certain explanation stated to die. The author is discussing three possible ways to address the declining Torreya population. While the professor believes that none of the author's ways are convincing.

First, the text suggests that the tree should be reestablish in the same location which once it used to thrive in. However, the professor explains that there are many factors that contribute to climate changed in Florida and that reestablishing the tree there would not succeed. The professor added that because of global warming contribution to increase temperature as well as wetland through Florida is drying so fast the new environment might not be a favorable one for Torreya anymore.

Second, the text states that another option for experts is to help Torreya by assisting migration, this could be done by moving the tree to totally different location which in this case will be forests further north. On the other hand, the professor thinks that result will be similar with what happen when scientist moved Black locus tree, it spread out so quickly that lead to the death of other endangered plants and trees in this new location.

Finally, the text suggests that moving Torreya to be preserved in research centers, where it could be closely monitored. However, the professor affirms that if Torreya was to move from wild to a research center, the population will not be able to meet the criteria required from any population in order to face diseases, which are large and genetically diverse population. He added that a preserved population will not be able to survive in the long run.

to address the declining Torreya population
to address the declining of Torreya population

should be reestablish in the same location which once it used to thrive in
should be reestablished in the same location where once it used to thrive in

many factors that contribute to climate changed in Florida
many factors that contribute to the climate changed in Florida

because of global warming contribution to increase temperature as well as wetland through Florida is drying so fast the new environment might not be a favorable one for Torreya anymore.

professor thinks that result will be similar with what happen when scientist moved Black locus tree,
professor thinks that the result will be similar with what happens when scientist moved Black locus tree,

it spread out so quickly that lead to the death
it spreads out so quickly that leads to the death

the text suggests that moving Torreya to be preserved in research centers, where it could be closely monitored.
the text suggests moving Torreya to be preserved in research centers, where it could be closely monitored.

Sentence: Torreya taxifolia, is a type of evergreen tree that suddenly with no certain explanation stated to die.
Error: taxifolia Suggestion: tail

Sentence: The professor added that because of global warming contribution to increase temperature as well as wetland through Florida is drying so fast the new environment might not be a favorable one for Torreya anymore.
Error: wetland Suggestion: No alternate word