TPO 22 – Integrated

TPO 22 – Integrated

Both the lecture and reading discuss about whether the Ethanol fuel is a good alternative to gasoline or not. The reading claims that Ethanol does not have practical conditions in order to use as a kind of fuel instead of gasoline. However, the lecture casts a shadow of doubt on what the author mentions and presents some evidence to refute them all.

First of all, it was proved that, on the contrary of the reading passage, Ethanol does not add any carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Plants absorb carbon dioxide as their nutrition and remove it from atmosphere. In addition, Ethanol is made from corn, so more plants must be cultivated that prevent to release more carbon dioxide into atmosphere. Hence, the global warming would be reduced by using Ethanol.

Secondly, the lecture argues that for creating Ethanol, farmer use cellulous products that are not eaten by animals. Therefore, how the number of plants accessible which is source of food for animal can reduce. This directly contradicts what the reading passage indicates.

Finally, the speaker brings up the idea that the price of Ethanol and gasoline is the same. In addition, the government support is always essential for producers. By government support the amount of productions increase, so it causes to diminish the price of Ethanol. In the future by this support and approach, the price of Ethanol will be decrease by forty percent. This completely refutes what is stated the reading passage which Ethanol would be an expensive fuel.

Ethanol does not have practical conditions in order to use as a kind of fuel
Ethanol does not have practical conditions in order to be used as a kind of fuel

which is source of food for animal
which is the source of food for animals

the price of Ethanol will be decrease by forty percent.
the price of Ethanol will be decreased by forty percent.

Sentence: Secondly, the lecture argues that for creating Ethanol, farmer use cellulous products that are not eaten by animals.
Error: cellulous Suggestion: No alternate word