TPO 33- integrated

TPO 33- integrated

In these set of materials, the reading passage and the article discuss about the purposes of creating the carved stone balls found in Scotland which date to Neolithic period. The reading passage provides three theories from archaeologists to explain the reasons of building those stone balls at the time. However, in the lecture, the professor disproves all three theories mentioned in the article.

First, according to the reading passage, the carved stone balls were used as weapons in hunting and fighting. While in the lecture, the professor refutes this theory by explaining about the signs of the war on the weapons in the Neolithic period. She adds that the carved ball were lack of any signs of war such as hand access or arrow hat. Moreover, the balls were sound without any cracked or broken pieces posed in hunting or fighting.

Second, the reading passage describes that the balls are part of primitive system measure and weight. On the other hand, the professor contradicts this theory and cites that even though the balls were the same in size, they were different in weight. In addition, she declares that the stone balls were made from various things such as sand, and corn, so that two masses with the same size were not in the same weight to use in as weight for measuring.

Finally, the article mentions that the purpose of those round and ornamented sand balls was to show the social status of the owner. Nevertheless, the professor controverts this reason by illustrating that some balls are too much complicated and some are so simple to show a practical utilitarian of the persons. Furthermore, she clarifies that there were not found any of those balls burried in the tomb or grave of the persons at the time.

Sentence: Furthermore, she clarifies that there were not found any of those balls burried in the tomb or grave of the persons at the time.
Error: burried Suggestion: No alternate word