TPO12

TPO12

Essay topics in audio

This set of the material in both reading and lecture is about whether a professionally painted portrait of a teenage girl belonged to Jane Austin or not. The reading mentions that there are some evidences which link this portraits to Austen. On the other hand, the speaker refutes all the author's explanations and mentions that all the supports are unconvincing.

First, the reading posits that the Auston's families approved that the portrait which was used as an illustration in an edition of her letters is Austin. The speaker opposes this point by saying that since this portraits dated back 1882, Austen's deadth happened 70 years earlier, so the Justin's family did not see to give permission whether it is Austin's portrait or not.

Second, the reading describes that all the features of the teenage girls in portraits resembles the details of Austin's face. In contrast, the professor explains that since Austin grew up in an extend family in which had a lot of female cousins, this portrait might belong to one of her distant nieces who looked alike Austin.

Finally, the reading claims that Humphrey, one of the most professisonal painters for rich families, was hired to paint. The speaker refutes this claim by stating that according to some records, the blank canvas, sold by William Ley, was not sold in London until Austin was 21 years old. Therefore, if the portrait were Austin, she would have been portrayed as an older girl not a teenage.

since Austin grew up in an extend family in which had a lot of female cousins
since Austin grew up in an extend family in which it had a lot of female cousins

Sentence: The reading mentions that there are some evidences which link this portraits to Austen.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and portraits

Sentence: The speaker opposes this point by saying that since this portraits dated back 1882, Austen's deadth happened 70 years earlier, so the Justin's family did not see to give permission whether it is Austin's portrait or not.
Suggestion: Refer to this and portraits

Sentence: In contrast, the professor explains that since Austin grew up in an extend family in which had a lot of female cousins, this portrait might belong to one of her distant nieces who looked alike Austin.
Description: An article is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to an and extend

Error: deadth Suggestion: death

Sentence: Finally, the reading claims that Humphrey, one of the most professisonal painters for rich families, was hired to paint.
Error: professisonal Suggestion: professional