tpo18

tpo18

In this set of materials, the reading passage and the article discuss about the possible ways to prevent the Torrey, an evergreen tree which is native in the Florida state, from dying out and being extinct. The reading passage provides three ways for saving Torrey of declining, however in the lecture, the professor refutes all three ways mentioned in the article.

First, according to the reading passage, one way is to reestablish the Torrey in the same location. While, in the lecture, the professor rejects the way by explaining that this kind of tree is sensitive to the climate changes and the decline will continue because of increasing the global warming and declining the wetland which can cool the weather. She adds that it is not possible to preserve the climate while the tree need to cool temperature.

Second, the article mentions another way for preserving Torrey which is to remove it to the location, far from the Florida microclimate. On the other hand, the professor controverts this way and cites that it might cause some other problems for the native plants in the other area that Torrey will be removed in. She clarifies from the past experiences that some unpredictable outcome of this way might bring about the other plants cannot grow and die out.

Finally, the reading passage describes that third way is to preserve the seed of the tree in the research centers. Nevertheless, the professor contradicts this way by illustrating that the centers cannot prevent the diseases as they are genetically diverse and preserve them in a long time. Furthermore, she declares that the capacity of the centers is limited for preserving large amount of the seeds and diseases.

might bring about the other plants cannot grow and die out.
might bring about the other plants not to grow and die out. //you have this issue before

that third way is to preserve the seed
that the third way is to preserve the seed