Essay topics: tpo22
Both the reading and lecture are about Ethanol fuel which is made by corn and sugar cane. The reading provides three reasons that Ethanol cannot supersede gasoline. The lecture casts doubt on the claims made in the article. The professor finds all arguments unconvincing.
First of all, the author of reading states that Ethanol is able to create some troubles for environment such as global warming because when it burns; a huge amount of carbon dioxide can enter to atmosphere like gasoline. This point is challenged by the lecturer. He points out that since Ethanol is obtained by corn and other types of plants; hence, the carbon dioxide will be attracted by such plants. The professor elaborates on this by mentioning that the plants require carbon dioxide as a part of their nutrition; consequently, the released carbon dioxide by Ethanol, can remove from air through the flora.
Secondly, the article contends that for producing Ethanol, producers need to cut a huge mass of plants. It goes without saying that animals rely on flora for their diet, so cutting plants can create severe and negative impacts on animals' life. This argument is rebutted by the professor. He expresses that Ethanol is gained through cellulose which is a main component of plant and also it is located in plant’s cell-wall. One should know that this part of plant is not eaten by animals; subsequently, this reason is not acceptable.
Finally, the reading passage proposed that the price of Ethanol will not be able to compete with gasoline because the tax subsidies for producing Ethanol is very high for the United State government and they can stop assisting to companies which collaborate to replace Ethanol with gasoline; conversely, the lecturer believes that such a great support is always required by producers. If they have enough budget for this purpose, they would boost their products; as a result, being available of Ethanol's products will cause the Ethanol's price to reduce even to 45 percentage.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||meysamkh||86||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||meysamkh||3||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||meysamkh||80||Read full essay|
|6 months 4 weeks ago||JoyWang||76||Read full essay|
|9 months 1 week ago||peerless alex||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||Gh.Ne||86||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||nazbanu||83||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||nazbanu||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||Saharnaz||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||Saharnaz||90||Read full essay|
- do you agree or disagree?people should take time to relax with hobbies or physical activities that are very different from what they do at work. (90)
- tpo32 (88)
- do you agree or disagree? from high school students should be required to take basic economic courses. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Younger school children (ages five to ten) should be required to study art and music in addition to math, science, history and language. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The telephone has greater influence on people’s lives than television has. (86)
- tpo42 (3)
- tpo31 (80)
- Do you agree or disagree? In the modern world, we should be never be impolite to another person. (76)
- tpo27 (83)
- tpo28 (80)