Tpo24. integrated

Tpo24. integrated

Essay topics in audio

This set of the material in the both reading and lecture is about research on the fossil of Tyrannosaurus rex, a kind of dinosaur dated back million years ago. The passage provides three pieces of evidence indicating that this fossil is astonishingly unusual because of containing the animals' living tissues. The lecturer, nonetheless, refutes the author's claims by offering three counterclaims.

First, the reading posits that after breaking the fossilized bone, researchers have shown that hollows of the animal's fossil in which there was soft material might represent the existance of blood vessels of T,rex. The professor, in contrast, takes this view that such flexible orgnic material could not be residues of the animal's blood vessels. He adds that when living creatures died, bacteria start colonizing in all hollows. Therefore, such soft substance would be remains of the activities of bacteria within long periods.

Second, the passage brings up this point that presence of spheres in the inner part of the bone showed the residues of red blood cells. However, the speaker disputes this point by arguing that none of primitive fossils contained red blood cells, and this fossil could not be exception. Besides, it could be reddish mineral substance had replaced red blood cells.

Third, the reading sheds light on this point that scientist revealed that the fossil contained collagene. The lecturer cast doubt on this view due to the fact that the collagen have been found in fossils which dated back 1000 years ago. However, the origin of this fossil was more than millions years. He also emphasizes that it is more likely the collagen belonged to the hands of researchers while handling the fossil.

is about research on the fossil of Tyrannosaurus rex
is about the research on the fossil of Tyrannosaurus rex

it could be reddish mineral substance had replaced red blood cells.
it could be reddish mineral substance which had replaced red blood cells.

Sentence: First, the reading posits that after breaking the fossilized bone, researchers have shown that hollows of the animal's fossil in which there was soft material might represent the existance of blood vessels of T,rex.
Error: existance Suggestion: existence

Sentence: The professor, in contrast, takes this view that such flexible orgnic material could not be residues of the animal's blood vessels.
Error: orgnic Suggestion: organic