TPO30(integrated)

Essay topics

Both the reading passage and the lecture discussed if burning mirrors were used by the greek while defending their country against the romans. the passage didn't support this idea and thought it was a myth while the lecturer supported the idea and provided valid explanations as a reply on the passage.

First, the passage stated that making that device and forming a a very large sheet of mirror with specific dimensions would need an advanced technology that wasn't available for the greeks at that ancient time, while the lecture that there was no need for such technology since they used several small mirrors that was formed into the parabolic shape needed to set fire.

second, the passage stated that experiments were done and it proved that this weapon needed ten minutes to set fire to the roman ships on the condition that the ships are unmoving which wasn't practical. the lecture refused the assumption that the greeks used the weapon to set fire to the wood , she stated that the greeks used the mirror rays to set fire to a substance called pitch used to glue the wood together and it needed only few seconds to burn with this weapon.

third, the passage stated that the greeks needed to use this weapon since they had another weapon called falming arrows which was used also for the same purpose, but the lecturer pointed out for the importance of using this burning mirror as a secret weapon not caught by the romans.

while the lecture that there was no need for such technology
while the lecture said that there was no need for such technology

small mirrors that was formed into the parabolic shape
small mirrors that were formed into the parabolic shape

falming arrows which was used also for the same purpose
falming arrows which were used also for the same purpose

Sentence: third, the passage stated that the greeks needed to use this weapon since they had another weapon called falming arrows which was used also for the same purpose, but the lecturer pointed out for the importance of using this burning mirror as a secret weapon not caught by the romans.
Error: falming Suggestion: ?