Tpo31

Tpo31

In this set of material, the lecture and the article disagree on the merit of whether the Sinosauropteryx had feathers. The reading passage states that the paleontologists doubted the pieces of evidence of the skeleton fossil of that dinosaur which preserved in volcanic ash had not any feathers. He presents three theories to support his view. In contrary, the professor challenges those critics proving that the idea of having feathers is adamant, and the argument of the passage are unconvincing. Following is a brief explanation of the lecturer's perspective.

First of all, the passage asserts that the fine lines could not represent the functional structure of that living dinosaur. It could be after the death of that animal. In fact, it could be fibers decomposition of the skin of that dinosaur via the volcanic ash. However, the professor in the lecture refutes this idea. He believes that since many other fossilized animals found in the same area and they all well and beautifully preserved without any decomposition of their skin. Therefore, this were feathers of the Sinosauropteryx.

Second, the author claims that it can not be certain those structures are feathers or frills because many dinosaurs at that time had frills which were fan-shaped structures growing out of the same part of the bodies. While, the professor opposes this theory also. The lecturer elaborates his perspective by explaining that it is a huge chemical structural difference between the feathers and frills. Furthermore, the feathers contain from Beta keratin protein which is not a part of the frills structure. Therefore, we can easily differentiate between them.

Finally, the reading passage argues that the structure of that remnant fossils looked useless for flying, it could be for thermoregulation. Whereas, the listening passage critics this argument of the passage. He gives an example of the pecoke bird who used his large beautiful feather tail to attract his mate. Moreover, the scientists are capable of analyzing the color of those feathers fossils which were white and orange. As a result, this structure might be used for displays also.

of that dinosaur which preserved in volcanic ash had not any feathers.
of that dinosaur which is preserved in volcanic ash had not any feathers.
of that dinosaur preserved in volcanic ash had not any feathers.

and the argument of the passage are unconvincing.
and the arguments of the passage are unconvincing.

since many other fossilized animals found in the same area and they all well and beautifully preserved
since many other fossilized animals are found in the same area and they are all well and beautifully preserved

Write the essay in 20 minutes.

----------------------