Wilderness management has advanced greatly over the last century, due in part to such practices as the suppression of forest fires and limitations on the clear cutting of trees. Monitoring forests for small brushfires is easier with aircraft, as is the

Wilderness management has advanced greatly over the last century, due in part to such practices as the suppression of forest fires and limitations on the clear cutting of trees. Monitoring forests for small brushfires is easier with aircraft, as is the use of large amounts of water and sophisticated chemical fire extinguishers to prevent fires from spreading.

The goal of decreasing the amount of destruction by fires and cutting are wide-ranging. One is simply the longer lives and improved health of trees. In some areas of hickory and oak forest on the Eastern Seaboard, fire suppression has allowed the maturation of so many trees that the treetops form a continuous canopy.

There is evidence of the healthful effects of fire suppression closer to the ground as well. Vines and low bushes that would be burned out in a forest fire can flourish when fires are suppressed, of course, but there is a more indirect way fires harm plant life. Chemical tests on areas that have recently experienced forest fires demonstrate that burning decreases the overall amount of nutrients in the soil. Suppressing fires prevents such a decrease. Ferns, wildflowers, and herbs grow without disturbance.

Finally, wildlife can benefit. In the eastern hickory and oak forests, the suppression of fires has meant that forest animals-- ranging from small insects and birds to large deer and bears-- are not burned to death. Deer populations, in particular, have increased notably.

Essay topics in audio

The lecture is refuting the merits of wilderness management demonstrated in the reading passage.

The written section delineates benefits of fire suppression, including improving health of trees which allows maturation of miscellaneous kinds of trees, proffer ground level plants such as vines flourish, and preventing animals from burning to death. Virtually, these perspectives still remain something to be desired. To mirror a more overall, the speaker claims that forest fire suppression contains long term destruction which allows trees such as oak trees to grow thick, consequently, causes the lack of sunlight for young trees which will substitute older oaks trees. What the lecture's stance aims to probe that the wild plants on ground level, rapidly grow thick and start to compete with the native plants. Additionally, the recording passage focuses its attention on the phenomenon that the rapidly rising population of deer, surprisingly, wreaks havoc on oak trees by eating their leaves. The ashes from burning deer also proffer nutrient for the growing trees. Clashing with the reading passage, the listening passage seems to advocate the perspective to forest fire suppression is not as beneficial as we predicted.

The lecture's stance to illuminate this issue is based upon the fact that the above-mentioned viewpoints from the reading passage are not so convincing. Judging from this angle, the contention supported by recording passage manifest thoroughly different perspectives on the topic demonstrated in the reading passage.

Not in the right pattern.

The correct pattern:

para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3

Don't need to reiterate the contents of reading passages or as less as possible.

Don't need a conclusion.

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster