A. News.

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

A. News.

Choose the best answer (a, b, or c) for each of the following questions.
1. Which radio station is the news broadcast from?

a. One. b. Two. c. Three.
2. What time is it now? a. 5:00. b. 5:30. c. 6:00.
3. What is happening in Texas? a. An earthquake. b. A very big storm. c. The worst storms for fifty years.
4. What is the estimated damage to property? a. Over two million dollars. b. Over two billion dollars. c. Two million dollars.
5. What is the result of today's Irish budget? a. The highest taxes since 1979. b. The highest decrease in taxes in history. c. The highest increase in taxes since 1979.
6. Which film has received the Best Film of the Year Award? a. Leaving Home. b. Living at Home. c. Leaving for the House.
7. How long have British films not won the top award? a. For five years. b. For four years. c. For three years.
8. What has happened to the cost of living? a. It has been the highest for six months. b. The rise in it has been the lowest for six months. c. It has been the lowest for six months.
Listening answers

A. News.

a. One. b. Two. c. Three.