News Item 1: 

Listening audio
Listening level
Advanced

News Item 1:
1. General Comprehension. Choose the best answer (a, b, c, or d) to complete each of the following statements.
(1) Both House and Senate negotiators ______________.

a. agreed on an extensive immigration legislation b. agreed to drop further discussion on immigration legislation c. agreed to work out a solution to immigration legislation soon d. agreed to establish a system of fines against all illegal aliens
(2) The new immigration legislation could _____________. a. free millions of imprisoned aliens b. legalize millions of illegal aliens c. decrease the number of years that illegal aliens have to serve in jail d. penalize alien employees

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
Amnesty could not be granted to those illegal aliens who entered the country after 1982.
(2)
Amnesty could also be granted to those illegal aliens who have established good reputations.

3. Focusing on Details. Fill in the detailed information according to what you have heard.
(1) The bill was worked our in
of
negotiations.
(2) The bill would establish
of
against
who hire
.

Listening answers

News Item 1:

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)

(1) The bill was worked our in
of
negotiations.
(2) The bill would establish
of
against
who hire
.