ArborBridge Expands Online SAT Preparation to Malaysia

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 04/04/2013 - 06:00

ArborBridge, the leader in live, online test preparation for students around the world, is pleased to announce its expansion to working with students in Malaysia. Malaysia marks the 18th country in which ArborBridge is currently working online with students.

Santa Monica, CA (PRWEB) April 04, 2013

Thanks in part to an oil boom and a relatively stable economy, no fewer than 20 universities have been founded in Malaysia’s capital city in the past three decades. Malaysians have enrolled in these schools in droves, creating a positive feedback loop leading to ever higher levels of economic development.

Nonetheless, many Malaysians still favor the established universities of the United States (as well as those of the UK and Australia, among others) over the fledgling local universities. According to the Institute of International Education's annual Open Doors Report, over 4,500 Malaysian students were enrolled in US universities in 2011/2012, a 34.6% increase from five years ago. Now, with assistance from ArborBridge, these students have an ideal chance to raise their SAT scores and, ultimately, gain entry to selective universities.

Josh Stephens, ArborBridge’s Director of International Development, paid a visit to Malaysia earlier this year to meet with school counselors and educational professionals who work with students applying to US universities. “Many students from countries like Malaysia are eager to attend college in the US, but low scores can belie good grades and force them to settle for colleges that are not ideal for them,” said Stephens.

As a result of Stephens’ visit, ArborBridge began working with its first student located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last month. The ease of ArborBridge’s online platform allows for the student to connect with their tutor located over 9,000 miles away in New York City.

“Although students may attend international or American schools, they are not at all familiar with the SAT and need guidance for their scores to accurately reflect their academic performance,” said Stephens. “It’s crucial for this guidance to come from someone intimately familiar with the content and format of the SAT.”

ArborBridge looks forward to the continued growth of their test prep into new regions. ”Malaysia is just one of countless countries from which students are applying to the US. As the number of international applicants grows, strong test scores are only going to become more crucial,” said Stephens.

For more information on SAT prep for international students, please visit http://www.arborbridge.com. Schools interested in scheduling a campus visit and/or in-school presentation can contact Josh Stephens, Director of International Development at josh(at)arborbridge(dot)com.

About ArborBridge

ArborBridge has helped hundreds of students from 18 different countries maximize their potential score on the SAT and ACT. Their students have seen SAT point increases exceeding 600 points and gained admission to top colleges like Stanford, Cal Tech, NYU, Columbia, Penn, and Georgetown.

ArborBridge tutoring is live, one-on-one, and delivered online by elite American tutors using ArborBridge's proprietary SAT/ACT curriculum, specifically designed for online tutoring. ArborBridge was founded in 2011 by Tim Urban and Andrew Finn, who previously founded Launch Education Group, a premier in-person tutoring firm with offices in Los Angeles and Manhattan.

Lisa Helmers
Arborbridge
424-250-0396
Email Information

A Florida billionaire energy maven and wine collector told a jury on Wednesday that he's lost his taste for fine wine auctions after getting ripped off too many times by peddlers of fake wine. William ...

Wynonna Judd became the first celebrity to get kicked off of "Dancing with the Stars" Season 16 on Tuesday night, and the country star says she's most disappointed that her pro partner, Tony Dovolani (who won last season's "All-Stars" edition with then-partner Melissa Rycroft), had to go as well.

LONDON, April 3 (Reuters) - Didier Drogba says Jose Mourinho could be tempted back to Chelsea because he has "unfinished business" with the Premier League club. Drogba, who spearheaded Mourinho's successful three-year spell at Stamford Bridge, will be reunited with his former boss when his current club Galatasaray meet the Portuguese's Real Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday. ...

DEAR ABBY: My husband, "Wade," and I went into a convenience store near our home that we frequent regularly. A new employee -- a pretty, much younger girl -- stared at Wade with an expression of recognition and surprise on her face. When I asked him what that was about, he laughed it off and said I was "imagining things."The next time we saw her, Wade acted nervous and started talking fast, as if trying to distract me. He seemed to be avoiding eye contact with her. She ignored me while obviously trying to lock eyes with Wade. ...

Name one thing Elizabeth Busch stands for

* Messi will miss league clash against Mallorca * Has right hamstring injury * Player says injury was not so serious (Adds details) MADRID, April 3 (Reuters) - Lionel Messi will miss this weekend's La Liga match at home to Real Mallorca with a right hamstring injury and will then return to action depending on the speed of his recovery, Barcelona said after tests on Wednesday. The World Player of the Year limped off at halftime in Barca's 2-2 Champions League quarter-final first-leg draw away to Paris St Germain on Tuesday and is doubtful for next Wednesday's return at the Nou Camp. ...

Carrie Underwood doesn't want to ease up on her fitness now that she's out of the dating pool. The 30-year-old superstar -- who tied the knot with NHL player Mike Fisher, 32, in July 2010 -- says her ripped husband inspires her to stay in tip-top shape.

Of all of the creepy and crawly things that you can think of, tarantulas probably are near the top of the list when it comes to scariness. Well, get ready to add another terrifying arachnid to your list, because a new type of tarantula has been discovered in northern Sri Lanka. Ranil Nanayakkara, a local [...]

Article references
news.yahoo.com