Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Announces Updates to Its SAT and ACT Diagnostic Tests, Promises to Help Students Maximize Score Potential

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 10/22/2014 - 19:34

(PRWEB) October 22, 2014

The ACT and SAT college entrance exams have been receiving a lot of attention in the news. To start, in 2012, the ACT surpassed the SAT in popularity (determined by number of students taking the exams) for the first time in history. Then the makers of both tests announced major changes coming to the SAT and ACT – everything from moving from the current paper-and-pencil format to a digital format (ACT in 2015), to restructuring the scoring (SAT is moving from a 2400 score back to its old 1600 score in 2016), and entirely revamping content in some cases (getting rid of obscure vocabulary on the SAT for example). As a result of these changes, the test prep experts at Club Z! In-Home Tutoring (in conjunction with their Z! Prep test prep brand) have announced some major changes of their own, to the Club Z!/Z! Prep SAT and ACT diagnostic tests.

Club Z! has offered proprietary SAT and ACT diagnostic tests since 2006, giving students a detailed summary of strengths and weaknesses on these important exams. But the test prep experts at Club Z! recently announced changes to their diagnostic tests, designed to help students maximize score potential. These changes include adding a projected score for the actual SAT or ACT, moving to an online format (offered in addition to the paper-and-pencil format), and giving students answer explanations for all diagnostic questions to act as an additional study guide.

Cari Diaz, Vice President of Club Z! said, "A major challenge facing most students is that they are just unsure as to which test would produce the highest scores for them. That's why we have always strongly suggested that students take both of our diagnostic tests. Now with the online format, this is easier than ever to do." Taking both tests gives students a chance to become familiar with the format and types of questions on each exam, the subject matter tested, and the pacing of both tests.

Club Z! has also updated its test prep programs to include more training on the differences between these two tests, so that students can focus on their optimal test and maximize their score potential. For example, many students don't realize that the SAT has a correction for guessing; that is, they deduct points for wrong answers. Whereas the ACT is scored based on the number of correct answers with no penalty for guessing. In addition, the timing of the ACT is more intense (more questions in less time) than the SAT. And the ACT includes trigonometry questions in its math section, whereas the SAT does not. Given these differences, here are a few of the proven strategies employed by Club Z!:

Understanding strengths and weaknesses, and practicing for test day, are two proven strategies for success, particularly for students preparing for the upcoming ACT on October 25th or the SAT on November 8th. For more information on the SAT and ACT diagnostic tests, call Club Z! at 866-44-TUTOR or visit http://www.clubztutoring.com or http://www.ztestprep.com.

Article references
www.prweb.com