Hobsons Launches PrepMe Vocabulary Quiz Facebook Game to Help Students Practice for SAT®

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 05/28/2013 - 09:01

Arlington, VA (PRWEB) May 28, 2013

Want to help your friends prepare for the SAT? Invite them to play a game. Today, Hobsons announced the launch of the PrepMe Vocabulary Quiz, a game-based learning Facebook application designed to amplify student engagement and enhance performance on tests like the SAT.

Built to complement PrepMe, an online adaptive learning solution for PSAT, SAT and ACT test preparation, the PrepMe Vocabulary Quiz is a free tool that helps prepare students to reach their goals. By applying game mechanics to vocabulary building, the app helps keep students engaged by appealing to both intrinsic and extrinsic factors of motivation.

“The PrepMe Vocabulary Quiz is built to provide students with a personalized learning experience that helps them prepare for tests like the SAT,” said Daniel Obregon, vice president of Marketing for Hobsons’ K-12 division. “Users can play at a pace that works best for them, and stay motivated to succeed by sharing their achievements with friends and family, or starting a friendly rivalry by inviting others to play along with them.”

Once players have added the app, they have the option to select a game mode to start building their vocabulary skills by either defining individual words or completing fill-in-the-blank questions. Players can also choose a level of difficulty (Beginner or Expert). As individuals complete quizzes they can unlock achievement badges for high scores, level of difficulty and speed. Players can track their own score improvements over time, and compete in weekly tournaments against other Facebook users.

Featuring a database of more than 3,500 words, the PrepMe Vocabulary Quiz offers a wide variety of words to keep players entertained and learning for a long time.

About Hobsons

Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.

Article references
www.prweb.com