Huntington Learning Center Offers Summer ACT* or SAT* Exam Prep Checklist

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 06/24/2013 - 15:00

Mon, Jun 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 2 hrs.

ORADELL, NJ--(Marketwired - Jun 24, 2013) - If your high school student is headed to college in the next year or two, there is a lot to do to get ready -- including ACT and SAT preparation. Huntington Learning Center reminds parents that students entering their senior year and still planning to take the ACT or SAT need to develop a study timeline and strategy this summer. "A student's SAT or ACT score is a critical component of his or her college application package, and for that very reason, it's so important to plan ahead to prepare well," says Eileen Huntington, co-founder of Huntington Learning Center. She offers parents and students a step-by-step exam prep checklist for this summer.

12 weeks out

8 weeks out

4 weeks out

On the day of the test

"To prepare well for the SAT or ACT, students should give themselves plenty of time to improve subject areas where they are not as strong, get acquainted with the exam and get comfortable with the test-taking setting," says Huntington. "Planning ahead is always a great idea, and Huntington is here to help students develop an effective study plan in order to achieve their best possible scores on exam day."

To schedule a diagnostic evaluation and SAT or ACT prep consultation, please visit www.huntingtonhelps.com.

About Huntington
Founded in 1977, Huntington is a pioneer and leader in the tutoring industry. For over 35 years, Huntington has provided quality instruction to hundreds of thousands of students. Huntington prides itself on being "Your Tutoring Solution" for students in all grades and subjects. They tutor in academic skills, such as reading, phonics, math and study skills; and in advanced math and science subjects ranging from algebra through calculus and general science through physics. They also prepare students for state and standardized entrance exams, such as high school entrance exams and the SAT and ACT and provide free school tutoring to eligible schools. Learn more about Huntington at www.huntingtonhelps.com. For information on franchise opportunities, visit www.huntingtonfranchise.com.

* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board. ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc. None of these entities were involved in the production of, and do not endorse, this program.

Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE, and NYSEAmex when available. See also delay times for other exchanges. Quotes and other information supplied by independent providers identified on the Yahoo! Finance partner page. Quotes are updated automatically, but will be turned off after 25 minutes of inactivity. Quotes are delayed at least 15 minutes. All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Neither Yahoo! nor any of independent providers is liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. By accessing the Yahoo! site, you agree not to redistribute the information found therein.

Fundamental company data provided by Capital IQ. Historical chart data and daily updates provided by Commodity Systems, Inc. (CSI). International historical chart data and daily updates provided by Morningstar, Inc.

Yahoo! - ABC News Network