Maharashtra Common Entrance Test: Top ranker sat for 40 mock prelims

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 06/05/2013 - 22:00

MUMBAI: Jeet Nishit Mehta of Patkar College secured the first rank in this year's Maharashtra Common Entrance Test ( MT-CET 2013), scoring a total of 197/200 marks. Son of Ashvina and Nishit Mehta, Jeet has also completed two Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) - the 'main' and 'advanced' levels -- bagging a score of 193 in the JEE Main (the topper scored 345). Jeet, who wants to pursue computer science from Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), worked towards CET from Class XI. "I followed the detailed daily, weekly and monthly schedules and completed a set of 40 mock prelims before CET," Jeet told TOI. Jeet harbours a passion for mathematics and physics and has always wanted to study computer science. He faced several challenges along the way. "The CET is a pressure game - within a timeframe of 90 minutes, you have to answer 100 questions for physics and chemistry, and 50 questions for mathematics in a separate exam. You don't have much time to answer all the questions." For that reason, Jeet rose to the challenge and tried to remember all the elements of the vast portion through constant revision.

Article references
timesofindia.indiatimes.com