New Tool Predicts Whether a Student Should Take the SAT or the ACT

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 10/14/2014 - 19:34

Irvine, CA (PRWEB) October 14, 2014

"Should I take the SAT or the ACT?" This question has daunted students since the late 1990s when virtually all colleges and universities started accepting both scores for admissions. Now, for the first time, students can get a clear answer thanks to a new, innovative SAT/ACT Solver™ Tool.

Some college counselors and parents are so vexed by the question of which test to take that they encourage students to take both. This poses its own perils, as the anxious student then has to spend time and effort preparing for two tests, while parents have to spend twice as much money on the preparation.

While the SAT and ACT tests seem similar enough, they are fundamentally different. Knowing on which test a student will best perform can save time, money, and most importantly, energy for the already-stressed college-bound student. And the best score means the best odds of admission to the student's target schools.

“Hopefully this new tool can shed some quantitative light on an often misunderstood topic," said Matthew Larriva, owner of Powerful Prep. "By offering an algorithm based on our extensive cache of student test data, future test-takers can save themselves the bitter disappointment of preparing for the wrong test."

The unique and helpful SAT/ACT Solver™ Tool was developed by Powerful Prep, an elite SAT/ACT test prep academy based in Irvine, CA, that employs only tutors who are Ivy League alumni with 99.9% SAT/ACT scores. Based on comprehensive proprietary SAT/ACT test data, the tool uses a statistical algorithm to determine whether a student will benefit more by preparing for one test over the other. Available for free, the tool asks a short series of questions and then makes a clear recommendation. Questions range from the orthodox, "What is your starting SAT score?", to the seemingly-obscure, "What is the definition of 'obstreperous'?"

If a student does not yet know their starting SAT score, then a related tool released last month by Powerful Prep can help. The SAT Starting Score Predictor™ Tool uses its own statistical database and proprietary algorithms to accurately estimate a students starting score based on 15 different factors.

Powerful Prep specializes in increasing students' SAT and ACT test scores through both 1:1 private tutoring and hands-on small group classes. Powerful Prep students typically see 300 point gains on the SAT and 3 point gains on the ACT, as shown in the student results data that they publish. (Powerful Prep is the only test prep company in Orange County that makes their students' point gain data public.)

Click here to try out the Powerful Prep SAT/ACT Solver™ Tool

Students may also wish to download Powerful Prep's white paper that can also help a student determine which test they should take by explaining the various factors involved and presenting the statistical analysis for their direct consideration.

About Powerful Prep

Powerful Prep is Orange County’s premium SAT Prep and ACT Prep results-oriented program and has been featured on CBS and KCAL 9. All instructors are Ivy League graduates and 99.9% scorers on the SAT and/or ACT. They offer the convenience of private in-home tutoring as well as dynamic small group classes.

Powerful Prep is one of only a handful of prep companies in the country that publishes its results. They believe that test prep shouldn’t be a gamble: Parents and students should know an academy’s track record.

Article references
www.prweb.com