Prep for the SAT with Barron’s Hot Words for the SAT Mobile iOS App from gWhiz

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 08/05/2013 - 05:00

Annapolis, MD (PRWEB) August 05, 2013

Achieving a high score on the SAT or ACT can open doors, leading to academic and, ultimately, professional success. So high schoolers are wise to make the most of their study time. With the new Barron’s Hot Words for the SAT iOS mobile app from developer gWhiz and leading publisher Barron’s, prepping on the go has never been easier.

Incorporating the latest in mobile technology, Barron’s Hot Words for the SAT is an innovative and eminently portable way to review key vocabulary from both the SAT and ACT. With 10 free flash cards and 355 more available through in-app purchase, this app takes a comprehensive approach to test prep. And unlike other study aids, Barron’s Hot Words for the SAT utilizes the highly effective cluster method, grouping words with similar definitions together rather than presenting them in an alphabetical list. This method allows for quicker memorization and recall, leading to a higher score on test day.

Beyond flash cards, Barron’s Hot Words for the SAT also includes a customizable practice exam allowing users to assess their test readiness and track progress. By building an exam by cluster, users can easily identify problem areas and focus valuable study time where it is most needed. Users can also access detailed analytics to review their exam history and statistics like their weekly progress and their cluster strength and weaknesses.

"There is little doubt that effective preparation is the key to success not just on the SAT and ACT exams but in life itself,” notes Kevin Reville, gWhiz founder. “The beauty of our Barron’s Hot Words for the SAT mobile app is that it allows students to personalize their study materials and, ultimately, optimize their test prep time.”

Barron’s Hot Words for the SAT is now available in iTunes. As a bonus feature, it includes a vocabulary review for the ACT giving users an opportunity to prep for both exams at once. Its unique presentation of clustered vocabulary using a dynamic and portable interface makes this mobile app an invaluable learning aid. Busy high school students will appreciate the opportunity to study on the go, anytime and anywhere.

ABOUT gWhiz

Launched in 2008, gWhiz has established itself as a leading provider of engaging mobile educational applications. The company is focused on developing innovative educational software to foster a lifetime of learning for professionals and students of all ages. With hundreds of titles currently available on many platforms including Apple's iOS devices, Android (including the Kindle Fire and Nook), BlackBerry, and Netbooks, the company’s depth of experience is unmatched in the industry. gWhiz believes that contemporary mobile technology provides a unique opportunity to offer powerful, entertaining, on-the-go learning and student collaboration tools. For more information, go to http://www.gwhizmobile.com or visit us on Facebook or Twitter.

ABOUT Barron’s

Founded in 1941, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. rapidly became America’s leading publisher of test preparation manuals and school directories. Among the most widely recognized of Barron’s many titles in these areas are its SAT and ACT test prep books, its Regents Exams books, and its Profiles of American Colleges. On average, Barron’s publishes more than 300 new titles a year and maintains an extensive backlist of well over 2,000 titles. Barron’s books are instantly recognized for their variety, reliability, and quality by retailers, educational and institutional book buyers, and not least by the reading public everywhere.