Sylvan Learning Teams Up With The Princeton Review To Offer SAT® Preparation Courses

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 04/22/2013 - 19:00

Mon, Apr 22, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

BALTIMORE, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To provide college-bound students with a premium SATi preparation alternative, Sylvan Learning is teaming up with The Princeton Review to offer Princeton Review SAT test preparation courses and diagnostic tests this summer at Sylvan Learning Centers. 

This unique retail partnership will allow The Princeton Review to offer its most popular and intensive SAT preparation course – the SAT Ultimate Course – at four of Sylvan's supplemental education centers. Under the partnership, the courses will be available under a trial arrangement at Sylvan Learning Centers in Portsmouth, NH, Timonium, MD, Crofton, MD, and Bel Air, MD.

"We are approaching this partnership with one goal in mind: preparing students to excel in college entrance exams. We are committed to offering the best-in-class programs and more choices to fit the varying needs of families in the communities we serve," said Jeffrey H. Cohen, chief executive officer, Sylvan Learning.

The Ultimate Course is a 30-hour, instructor-led program that is available in a classroom or a small group format (4 students or less). Both course formats come with a 150-point score-improvement money-back guarantee, and include a kit of study materials, as well as access to an online student center. The online student center provides access to both of The Princeton Review's SAT and ACT self-paced online courses. 

"We've scheduled this pilot to take place over the summer to prepare students for the October SATs," Cohen said. "We believe it's a winning combination, both for students and for our companies, and that it will open the door to future collaboration."

"The partnership between The Princeton Review and Sylvan Learning is founded on a common goal of ensuring students get into their best-fit college," said Scott Kirkpatrick, President, The Princeton Review. "We are confident that combining The Princeton Review's expertise in test-taking skills and strategies with Sylvan's expertise in improving fundamental math, reading and writing skills will significantly increase students' test scores and help them achieve their college aspirations."

For more information on the partnership, please visit: www.princetonreview.com/sylvan.

Parents and students can also inquire about the programs at one of the four participating Sylvan Learning Centers or contact The Princeton Review/Sylvan hotline at 877-408-8867.

About Sylvan Learning
Sylvan Learning is the leading provider of tutoring to students of all ages, grades and skill levels with over 30 years of experience and more than 800 centers located throughout North America. Sylvan's trained and Sylvan-certified personal instructors provide individualized instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, study skills and test-prep for college entrance and state exams. For more information, call 1-800-31-SUCCESS or visit www.SylvanLearning.com.

Follow us:

About The Princeton Review
Founded in 1981, The Princeton Review (www.PrincetonReview.com) is a privately held education Services Company headquartered in Framingham, MA. The Company has long been a leader in helping college and graduate school-bound students achieve their education and career goals through its college search engine, test preparation services, tutoring and admissions resources, and more than 150 print and digital books published by Random House, Inc. The Princeton Review delivers its programs via a network of more than 5,000 teachers and tutors in the U.S.A. and Canada, through international franchises, and through online programs. The Company also partners with schools and guidance counselors worldwide to provide students with college readiness, test preparation and career planning services.

i SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.

Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE, and NYSEAmex when available. See also delay times for other exchanges. Quotes and other information supplied by independent providers identified on the Yahoo! Finance partner page. Quotes are updated automatically, but will be turned off after 25 minutes of inactivity. Quotes are delayed at least 15 minutes. All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Neither Yahoo! nor any of independent providers is liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. By accessing the Yahoo! site, you agree not to redistribute the information found therein.

Fundamental company data provided by Capital IQ. Historical chart data and daily updates provided by Commodity Systems, Inc. (CSI). International historical chart data and daily updates provided by Morningstar, Inc.

Yahoo! - ABC News Network

Article references
finance.yahoo.com