Essay topics: Do changes that makes our lives easier not necessarily make them better?
Change is a deviation from normal activities which is intended to improve our lives or make our lives much better. We experience changes everyday of our lives, at home, at school, at work, even in the family, it is our reaction to change that defines us. For someone or something to change it means, whatever the change brings must be better than how things were in the past. Changes are only meant to improve things and make them better. So, I believe that changes that makes our lives easier, always makes our lives better because, if they won't make our lives better then there was no reason for the change in the first place.
Technology has gone a long way in making our lives better and easier. Things we would have spent a lot of time on in the past, have now been made easier for us due to technology. For example, in time past when you need a duplicate of a document, you had to retype it in order to get another copy. That was time consuming and energy sapping. But, since the invention of photocopying machines, all you need to do is to insert the document you need photocopied into the machine and it prints out the number of copies you require. This is energy saving and doesn't waste time. Thereby making lives a lot more easier.
Changes also bring about positive results. I lived in a house with a lot of rules and chores for everyone, that there was no time for us to read, play or do any other thing. The reason things were this way, was because my mom never wanted a maid so, she made us all do the work around the house. When she noticed that it was taking a toll on us, she decided to get a maid. Effectively the work load was reduced, we had enough time to read, play and do anything we wanted, making our lives better.
When changes are made it should always produce positive results and impacts on us. A man who has been an employee all his life, has limited time to himself because, he his always busy working for someone else. But, once he his able to become an employer everything changes, he has enough time for himself because now he his in control of his time and the people around him.
Any change that does not make us better or makes us worse is a negative change and should be reversed immediately. Technology has helped us this far because, we chose to embrace it and we accepted the opportunities it offered. Now lives are being changed for the better thanks to technology. In any group, community or country where there is no change, it simply means there is no growth because, you need change in order to grow and become better.
- Do we need other people in order to understand ourselves (56.25)
- Can Success Be Disastrous (70.46510000000001)
- Is conscience a more powerful motivator than money, fame or power? (73.33329999999999)
- Do changes that makes our lives easier not necessarily make them better? (86.66670000000001)
- Are books the most important part of education, or are other modes of learning more important? (32.8571)
- Can knowledge be a burden rather than a benefit? (52.5)
- Should people take responsibility for solving problems that affect their community or nation in general? (72.5)
- Is it important to question the ideas and decisions of those in authority. (68)
- What is your view of the idea that mistakes are necessary for creativity. (60)
- Do people need to lie sometimes, or is lying always harmful. (72.2222)