Essay topics: Do people need to lie sometimes, or is lying always harmful.
In life we come across situations which puts us in tight corners. When faced with such situations, lying is sometimes the only way out. Because, if we tell the truth we might not just be putting ourselves in danger, but also the people around us. So I believe that people need to lie sometimes and lying is not always harmful.
To tell a lie, means to say something that you know isn't true, maybe to protect yourself or someone else from getting into trouble. It is ok to tell a lie in desperate times, because desperate times calls for desperate measures. For example, I broke my mom's precious watch and lied about it. Because, I knew if she found out, I would have been in a lot of trouble. I was in a critical situation but a little lie helped me escape without any punishment.
Often times, we lie because we believe that when we say the truth we may not be believed. For example, I gave my allowance to a begger who was really in need of money. And, when my parents asked about my allowance I told them I had spent it. Because, they took me to be stubborn, rude, and selfish, they wouldn't have believed me if I told them I used the money to do good.
Lying saves a ton of explanation. People lie because the actual explanation may be too long. So, they tell the shorter version which is never true. My sister left high school and told my parents the reason she left was because she was being bullied in school. But, the real reason was because she was expelled, unknown to our parents she had been on probation for more than a year. She figured that telling a lie will save a whole lot of explanation.
Lying will more often than not get you in trouble. But, there are times when we can't do without it. It only becomes a problem, when we can't control ourself and we being to lie even when the truth is easier to be told. In situations that has no back door, it is ok to tell a lie. We live in a world were people believe what they hear above what they see. So if you want to go far in life then, a little lie once in a while won't hurt.
- Do we need other people in order to understand ourselves (56.25)
- Can Success Be Disastrous (70.46510000000001)
- Is conscience a more powerful motivator than money, fame or power? (73.33329999999999)
- Do changes that makes our lives easier not necessarily make them better? (86.66670000000001)
- Are books the most important part of education, or are other modes of learning more important? (32.8571)
- Can knowledge be a burden rather than a benefit? (52.5)
- Should people take responsibility for solving problems that affect their community or nation in general? (72.5)
- Is it important to question the ideas and decisions of those in authority. (68)
- What is your view of the idea that mistakes are necessary for creativity. (60)
- Do people need to lie sometimes, or is lying always harmful. (72.2222)