Essay topics: Do people tend to get along better with people who are very different from them or with those who are like them?
Living in a society involves making friends and staying in company of others. One makes friends not only to share ideas and thoughts but also to stay happy. However people have a tendency to get along well with those who share the same interest as them and are similar to them in some ways.
It is commonly observed that people of the same profession have better collaboration with each other than with others. This is because people of the same field belong to a similar area of study and face similar kinds of problems in their lives which they may want to discuss. For example two doctors would love to talk about the patients they examined and the emergence of extraordinary cases. They would also be able to offer solutions for each other’s problems in the form of different treatments possible. Similarly literary scholars, artists and painters tend to stay in a community. This allows them to point out any errors and have exhaustive and suggestive conversation.
Most of the online websites today try to reach their consumers by gathering some personal information about them. According the person’s personality the sites then suggestions of useful products for them . Recently target carried out a program to find out the intelligent users of Facebook. They listed all those people who had liked a picture of fries to be the smart ones. The picture did not have any significance on its own. But it was posted on the wall of a boy who was really smart . Thus all those who liked his picture were his friends and consequently listed as smart. It is because of the fact that people tend to be friends with those have the same intellect as them that the website to figure out their personality.
Sometimes two people of different varieties may have great companionship. However, the more influential sometimes changes the ideology of less dominant and eventually both end up being the same. This is what most people are afraid of when choosing their friends. They desire for compatible friends whom they can trust and in whose company they can retain their independence. It is not wrong to like similar people but one wants to enjoy companionship sometimes it good venture out of the comfort zone and try talking to people of different ideologies.
Anyways birds of a feather flock together. However the birds must always be ready to fly and try mating with other birds . Because that’s how evolution occurred leading to emergence of new species and that’s how people can widen their horizons.
- Describe a story /background that helps us know more about you. (90)
- Describe a story ,culture, community or background that is an integral part of your life. (95)
- Write an essay that helps us know you better (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity that you enjoyed. (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity you have taken or plan to take in college. (80)
- Write a letter to your future roommate that lets her know you better (80)
- It is easy to make judgments about people and their actions when we do not know anything about their circumstances or what motivated them to take those actions. But we should look beyond a person's actions. When people do things that we consider outrageou (53.3333)
- Everybody has some choice. People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and, if they can't find th (90)
- Is it more valuable for people to fit in than to be unique and different? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or obs (86.66670000000001)
- Does progress reduce the number of problems in the world, or does solving old problems just lead to new ones? (90)