Essay topics: Does planning interfere with creativity?
It is common to hear that creative people that are spontaneous in their actions, thus, they don't plan. However,this is not always the case. Sometimes, planning can gelp people to be even more prosuctive by using the time management properly. There are numerous examples both in history and literaature that prove this point.
One example from history of Kazakhstan is particularly relevant. In 1854. Abay Kunanbayev, the great poet of kazakh nation became a manager of the village in which he was living. As we know, he has written many outstanding literrary works that became worldwide classic literature. So,he used the time management very succintly in order to mange all his responsibilities, and at the same time to continue writing poems. In his own diary, he wrote the future goals of the next day, week, moths, which allowed him to use all the spare time effectively. On eof his narrative prose called 'Kara sozder' clearly demonstarteds the application of his planning method. In this prose he included examples of human's vices, which he wouldn't have written if ha had not planned.
Another example is from Russian history. In 1970's, after the second World War, Goloshekyn has encorporated a strict and detailed plan of the developmentof the country for the future 20 years. In other terms, it is called planned development, and it didn't allow people to produce more product or do more work. It hasn't only limited their abilities, but also their creativity lacked. In those times, no one was unorthodoxal, because there were conditions to develop. Even the the clothes were absolutely similar. Thus, the actions of Galashekyn prove that planning too much and following it strictly without any exceptions can be detrimental.
Also, my mom is an artist. Beginning from my childhood times, she told me how to organize everything to the point, so that I will be a versatile person, attending various clubs. She has now opened her own gallery and is successful in her career development. In one of the interviews for the bussiness magazines she told that she wouldn't have succeeded without plannin. Therefore, it proves that being organized helped her not only to be a successful artist, but also be a perfect businesswoman.
After the careful analysis of examples from Kazakh and Russian history, one can see the planning is, indeed, the best way to achieve success not only mentally, but also financially. Without proper organizations there wouldn't be anything, not even the work done.
- Does planning interfere with creativity? (70)
- Some people think distance-learning programmes can never be as good as courses taken in person.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (80)
- Many people use distance-learning programmes (study material post,TV,internet...)to study at home. But some people think that it cannot bring the benefit as much as attending college or university. Do you agree or disagree? (90)
- Some people say that mobile phones should be banned in public places such as libraries, shops and public transport. Do you agree or disagree? (90)
- Some people think that children should have some classes outside their schools, visiting local companies or public enterprises for some real life experience. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion. (80)
- The graph below gives information from 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with the projections until 2030. (80)
- Advertising is all around us, it is an unavoidable part of everyone’s life. Some people say that advertising is a positive part of our lives while others say it is a negative one. Discuss both views and include your own opinion. Give reasons for your answ (70)
- The charts below give information about weather in two Brazilian cities. (61.4286)
- The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)