Essay topics: Everybody has some choice. People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and, if they can't find them, make them.
Adapted from George Bernard Shaw, Mrs. Warren's Profession
Do success and happiness depend on the choices people make rather than on factors beyond their control? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations.
There is power in all of the choices we make. Our choices decide what we are going to do . It is what we do in present that decides our future. Sometimes people feel that circumstances are too bad and completely out of their hand. But this is not true. In even at the times of adversity people can effectively tackle situations by making the right decisions. Thus success and happiness depend on our choices rather than on forces beyond control.
Our life goes beyond control only when we lose control of ourselves. Those who have a good judgment , are mentally and emotionally stable and creative can make the best out the worst. Soichandra Honda , the founder of the Honda company had to face various challenges in his life as a developer and businessman. He spent a lot of time after college making that he decided to sell Toyota. However the company downright rejected his pistons and commented that they totally ineffective . However Honda did not give and made another design that Toyota accepted. But, when he moved further to establish his own company his endeavor was impeded by that lack of cement. There was not enough supply of cement at that time and making the factory building was impossible. Thus, he developed a new cement making manufacturing process that helped him. Similarly during the war years there was no supply for steel for his company. At this time Honda requested the US militants to supply him the waste gasoline tanks and thus he got the metals that he wanted. Honda is a great example of a person who made the best out all the bed circumstances and utilized his creativity for better advantages.
There are times when most people feel hopeless and are ready to give up . Their continuous failings depress tham to such an extent that they lose any expectation from life and stop working hard. But they should remember that failures come with lessons and every bad experience is an opportunity to learn and discover something new. For, example many social activists such as Dr. Sarah Rose or revolutionary leaders such as Jawahar Lal Nehru were sent to prison . But these people did not regret being in prison they utilized their time in prison by writing books and giving a flow to their thoughts. They felt that staying in reason helped them unleash their talents and find modes of self- expression.
Thus we must learn not to be disheartened and stay strong . We must also keep faith in ourselves and our capabilities and let our creativity and imagination guide. We must stay immune to comments from society and always remember that we are who we choose to be and circumstances are good or bad because of the way we make them.
- Describe a story /background that helps us know more about you. (90)
- Describe a story ,culture, community or background that is an integral part of your life. (95)
- Write an essay that helps us know you better (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity that you enjoyed. (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity you have taken or plan to take in college. (80)
- Write a letter to your future roommate that lets her know you better (80)
- It is easy to make judgments about people and their actions when we do not know anything about their circumstances or what motivated them to take those actions. But we should look beyond a person's actions. When people do things that we consider outrageou (53.3333)
- Everybody has some choice. People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and, if they can't find th (90)
- Is it more valuable for people to fit in than to be unique and different? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or obs (82.5)
- Does progress reduce the number of problems in the world, or does solving old problems just lead to new ones? (90)