"If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience... Coura

"If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience... Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."

Eddie Rickenbacker, adapted from /Selected Writings/

Assignment: Does having courage mean that we have no fear, or that we act despite being afraid? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on these issues. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations.

What is the correct way to define a courageous person? One that lacks the notion of fear entirely, or one that proceeds to act towards a goal with disregard for one's fear? Apparently Rickenbacker believes that courage is an idea that is derived from, and therefore dependent on, the concept of fear on its own, which I also will choose to agree on, and I will now explain to you why I believe this is the right opinion.

First off, the general global consensus that all our perceptions of ideas are interdependent with their opposites will help me express my opinion in a clear manner. To put it i...

Sentence: Ergo, if we are to percieve courage in a person, we must first see in that person fear which is inferior and which has been overcome by said person.
Error: percieve Suggestion: perceive

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/sat