Essay topics: Is it more valuable for people to fit in than to be unique and different? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations
Everybody is born unique and should stay as such. No two snowflakes are alike , similarly no two humans can be same. One should identify oneself with one’s unique talent. One should ignore the pressure to fit in and be confidant. Those who trim themselves to fit others soon whittle themselves away. Thus people should always try to retain their identity rather than try to fit in with the common societal norms or ways.
A person may not stand at the end of a tradition but the beginning of another. All those who have made great accomplishments are the ones who could not fit in. Ptolemy gave the geocentric theory which was appreciated and accepted by the masses. But Nicolas Copernicus gave the heliocentric theory that contradicted the geocentric one. He advocated the fact that all objects move around the sun rather than the Earth. He ultimately proved his theory and became a well-known scientist. Thus Nicolas Copernicus contradicted the idea considered to be appropriate by all and was successful . His confidence and belief in himself helped him make better judgments.
Creativity and originality of thoughts are the most important things for a human brain. However if one tries to fit and adopt the common ideas he or she kills creativity. I remember an incident that took place when I was in eighth grade. It was my drawing class and my drawing teacher had decided o teach us landscape painting. He told us the basic requirements in order to make a good landscape. Once his instructions were over I picked up my brush and vivid ideas started to flow in my mind. I got started with my painting . But, my teacher told me to copy the painting he had made instead of making something of my own. I was reluctant to do so and continued with my own work. At the end of the class he checked our work. When he saw that I had painted something entirely different from what he had he started scolding me. He said that I was incapable of making a good drawing and I had no artistic quality. I felt really hurt that day and never picked up the brush again after that. I started to avoid my art classes and never took art seriously after that. My interest for painting gradually died. When , I look back upon the time I feel that it was foolish of me to give up painting only because the teacher had scolded me . But I know that what’s done is done and from now I need not trim myself to suit the needs of others.
When one tries to stand out of the crowd it is hard to ignore the ridiculing of others. But one should remember that the fruit of success is sweet only when the path to it is full of obstacles. It is obvious that people make mistakes in their lives and it is important to make mistakes in order to learn. But, one should never make the mistake of trying to be someone else. When one is dubious of one’s talent and feels dejected it is necessary to ask one simple question-“Do I want to be a hero or do I want just one of the spectators in a crowd of millions?”
- Describe a story /background that helps us know more about you. (90)
- Describe a story ,culture, community or background that is an integral part of your life. (95)
- Write an essay that helps us know you better (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity that you enjoyed. (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity you have taken or plan to take in college. (80)
- Write a letter to your future roommate that lets her know you better (80)
- It is easy to make judgments about people and their actions when we do not know anything about their circumstances or what motivated them to take those actions. But we should look beyond a person's actions. When people do things that we consider outrageou (53.3333)
- Everybody has some choice. People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and, if they can't find th (90)
- Is it more valuable for people to fit in than to be unique and different? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or obs (84)
- Does progress reduce the number of problems in the world, or does solving old problems just lead to new ones? (90)