CannLabs Expands Testing Capacity To Meet Additional Colorado Marijuana Testing Mandates And Growing Demand

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 10/23/2014 - 19:34

Denver, CO / ACCESSWIRE / October 23, 2014 / CannLabs, Inc. (CANL), the leading provider of proprietary cloud based analytics, and scientific testing methodologies relating to cannabis, today announced that it has expanded its testing capabilities to include microbiological contaminants and harmful heavy metals. CannLabs licenses its technology to laboratories located in Denver, Colorado and Hartford, Connecticut. The Colorado laboratory will be extending its testing hours to meet the needs of its client base, and the contaminant guidelines established by the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division

"We are committed to investing in our technology, to help the testing laboratories expand their testing capabilities. We are pleased that the laboratory located in Denver will be able to extend its operating hours in order to meet its customers' needs while leading the growing market for cannabis safety", said Mark Mirken, Chief Executive Officer of CannLabs, Inc. "Our goal is to assure the growers, dispensaries and manufacturers who work with our licensees will continue to receive the highest service possible."

CannLab's investment into instrumentation for the Colorado lab includes Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) microbiological testing service. With PCR tests, results can be completed in 24-48 hrs. The Colorado lab continues to offer Plating methods, a validation protocol taking 5-7 days that can be used concurrently with PCR tests.

Additionally, the Colorado laboratory uses a state-of-the-art Microwave Accelerated Reactor System (MARS) Extractor, which enables the lab in Colorado to extract heavy metals in a safe and efficient manner. Poisonous heavy metals like arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury can be found in soils where cannabis is grown and have the potential to contaminate the plant and products made from the plant. This can be especially dangerous to medical cannabis users who have a compromised immune system.

"This instrumentation allows the laboratory to offer heavy metal testing for cannabis, combined with an extensive range of microbial contaminant tests, we now offer comprehensive cannabis testing." said Genifer Murray, Founder of the Colorado laboratory and President of CannLabs. "Through our expanded cannabis testing and consultancy platform, we can deliver a complete service to our clients that gives them the opportunity to discover and remediate any issues before their products reach the market."

CannLabs and its licensees are strong advocates for developing a cannabis market that offers both quality assurance and safety for the consumer. This financial commitment to advance testing methods, processes and capabilities is a commitment to the clients and the industry to ensure any products tested by laboratories for which CannLabs provides services meet the requirements of regulations as administered by the appropriate governmental bodies.

ABOUT CANNLABS

CannLabs, Inc., serves the cannabis industry with proprietary cloud-based analytics and scientific methods. It has served as a respected authority and advisor to various government, educational, and commercial interests regarding this growing business segment. Through Carbon Bond Holdings Inc., CannLabs provides laboratories with the necessary business intelligence and technology required to serve the cannabis industry. This includes a state-certified cannabis testing laboratory located in Denver, Colorado.

CannLabs enables growers, dispensaries and edible makers to implement best practices and product advancements. In addition, the CannLabs website allows consumers to easily locate certified tested products to meet their specific needs.

CannLabs has been at the forefront of educating the public, and serving as a reliable information resource to state and local governments as more states legalize marijuana for various uses. The Company provides client education to ensure safe cultivation and identify contamination problems. Additionally, CannLabs consults on legal cases and the reformulation of cannabis products throughout the U.S. and Canada.

For more information visit www.cannlabs.com.

Safe Harbor Statement

All statements herein other than statements of historical facts are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based upon our current expectations and speak only as of the date hereof. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, our ability to raise additional capital, our limited operating history and revenue, our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, our ability to develop new services, market acceptance of our services, legislative, regulatory and competitive developments in our industry, general economic conditions, as well as other factors set forth in our filings with the SEC.

CONTACT:

Company
William Livermore
Public Relations
917-620-0774
william.livermore@cannlabs.com
www.cannlabs.com

Investor Relations
Matthew Selinger
Senior Vice President - MZ North America
415-572-8152
mselinger@mzgroup.us
www.mzgroup.us

SOURCE: CANNLABS

Article references
finance.yahoo.com