Carolyn MacCann and Ralf Schulze Join ProExam’s Center for Innovative Assessments as Visiting Scholars

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 09/17/2014 - 20:33

NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) September 16, 2014

Professional Examination Service, the most experienced organization in professional licensure and certification services, today announced that Carolyn MacCann, Ph.D., and Prof. Dr. Ralf Schulze have joined the organization’s Center for Innovative Assessments as visiting scholars. They will work with ProExam Vice President and Chief Scientist Rich Roberts, Ph.D., in support of the Center’s research in the field of non-cognitive assessments.

“Our certification and licensure clients have been asking for help in measuring what are sometimes called ‘soft skills’” said Robert S. Block, President and CEO, Professional Examination Service. “Carolyn and Ralf bring a wealth of knowledge to the research agenda of ProExam’s Center for Innovative Assessments, which will address these needs and those in education as well.”

MacCann is a senior lecturer at the School of Psychology, University of Sydney, Australia. After completing her doctorate in 2006, she undertook post-doctoral fellowships at the Educational Testing Service (ETS, Princeton, New Jersey) and the Accelerated Learning Laboratory (Australian Graduate School of Management, Sydney, Australia). She has also worked as a psychometrician for both education and organizational psychology organizations (e.g., NSW Board of Studies and Chandler Macleod Human Resources Group). MacCann’s research interests include the assessment of emotional intelligence and noncognitive constructs for selection, training, and diagnostic applications in education and personnel psychology. She has more than 50 publications in these areas.

Schulze is a full professor for research methods, statistics, and psychological measurement at the Department of Psychology, University of Wuppertal, Germany. As a research scientist and faculty member for the past 20 years, Schulze has published extensively, including books on meta-analysis and peer-reviewed articles on cognitive and noncognitive assessment. He worked at the Educational Testing Service (ETS, Princeton, NJ) as a research scientist from 2004 to 2006.

“We’re pleased to have Carolyn and Ralf join the Center for Innovative Assessments,” said Roberts. “Attracting such high-caliber researchers is a testament to the work we’re doing at ProExam.” Stressing a resolute commitment towards the future, Roberts also noted that the Center has started hosting a bevy of junior visiting scholars from around the world, with Johanna Hartung from the University of Ulm, Germany the first of many of the next generation in scientists.

About Professional Examination Service

Professional Examination Service (ProExam) is the most experienced organization in professional credentialing, providing comprehensive services and technology to programs across a broad range of professions. Since 1941, ProExam has supported professional licensure and certification, training and continuing professional education with its full, flexible range of assessment and advisory services. ProExam is a not-for-profit organization with uniquely tailored services, a dedication to personal attention and insight into emerging credentialing trends. Learn more at http://www.ProExam.org.

Article references
www.prweb.com