GRE® Program Unveils Brand New Official Test Preparation Guides

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 08/25/2014 - 17:11

PRINCETON, N.J., Aug. 25, 2014 /CNW/ -- In response to requests from test takers, educators, and advisors for additional GRE® test preparation materials, the GRE Program has unveiled new practice questions for the GRE® revised General Test to help students do their best on test day.

ETS logo.

The "Official GRE® Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume One" and the "Official GRE® Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume One" provide more in-depth practice for test takers and perfectly complement  "The Official Guide to the GRE® revised General Test, Second Edition."

Each guide provides 150 never-before-published questions with complete explanations, and valuable hints and tips. The verbal guide also includes brand new sample tasks for the GRE Analytical Writing Measure while the quantitative guide includes a review of the math topics that may appear on the test.

"One out of three test takers use our official study guide, but test takers in a recent survey indicated that they wanted more practice questions," says Dawn Piacentino, Director of Communication and Services for the GRE Program at ETS. "In response to that feedback, we are introducing these new verbal and quantitative preparation books."

These new guides, co-published with McGraw-Hill Education, are available in print and eBook formats through the ETS store and through bookstores worldwide.

The expansion of GRE test preparation materials is designed according to ETS officials to help test takers feel more confident on test day. Similarly, the ScoreSelect® option, available only with the GRE tests, was introduced so that students could show their best. With the ScoreSelect option, GRE test takers can decide on test day – or anytime up to 5 years after test day – which of their sets of scores to send to graduate or business schools worldwide. "It's about success and achieving their dreams", says Piacentino.

These new GRE test preparation materials join a growing assortment of print, video and online formats including the free POWERPREP ®II software which includes two full-length practice tests. Other official test preparation tools include the GRE® Success Starter video series, "The Official Guide to the GRE® revised General Test, Second Edition", a mobile app, and ScoreItNow! TM Online Writing Practice.

To learn more about all the official GRE test preparation tools, visit www.takethegre.com/prep.

About ETS
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and postsecondary education, and by conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC ® tests, the GRE ® tests and The Praxis Series® assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org

Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120110/DC33419LOGO

SOURCE Educational Testing Service

For further information: Jason Baran, 1-609-683-2428, mediacontacts@ets.org, http://www.ets.org