Tech Mahindra signs MoU with Wichita State University

Recent News Videos

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 07/17/2014 - 04:01

Tech Mahindra Ltd. a specialist provider of connected solutions, announced today that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Wichita State University (WSU), a state educational institution of Kansas in the areas of aerospace engineering, certification, information technology and automotive testing.

Tech Mahindra will collaborate with WSU and its National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR), the largest academic aviation R&D institution in the United States, on multiple areas of engineering including composites, advanced materials and structural testing.

Tech Mahindra plans to invest in equipping the engineering talent available in the region to enhance their employability in the Wichita aerospace community. This investment will enable Tech Mahindra to provide end-to-end solutions from design, to testing and certification for global aerospace & automotive customers and prospects in the region. The collaboration will not only ensure that Tech Mahindra has a local pool of trained aerospace, information technology and automotive engineers available to service their global network of clients; but will also facilitate cooperative initiatives in the area of innovation and R&D projects including possible involvement with WSU’s Innovation Campus.

The partnership will enable WSU to further expand its footprint into the automotive industry, and provide WSU students an opportunity to develop industry skills through involvement in Tech Mahindra research and testing projects.

Krishna Balasubramaniam, Head of Americas, Aerospace & Defense, Tech Mahindra said, “We are eager to leverage local talent pool by working with WSU’s National Institute for Aviation Research as it takes a leadership role in supporting the global aviation industry with its research, development, testing, certification and training services. I strongly believe that this synergy can help reach the next level of solution offerings to our marquee customers addressing their custom needs and industry specific requirements in the areas of certification and testing.”

“Collaboration between WSU and Tech Mahindra will provide unique advantages for both entities,” said John Tomblin, WSU’s vice president for research and technology transfer. “WSU will get firmly connected to the automotive and industrial sector, allowing students to gain real-world engineering skills in a unique sector; and Tech Mahindra will gain access to WSU’s extensive research and test lab capabilities and the opportunity to train students before they enter the workforce.”

Tech Mahindra aspires to be among the top 3 engineering solutions companies providing end to end solutions from design to certification. And this partnership will help nurture that dream as Tech Mahindra can now utilize WSU/NIAR lab infrastructure and DERs (Designated Engineering Services) for both testing and certification.