UL Consumer Products to Offer Testing Services for PPPC Members

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 10/07/2014 - 17:34

ENFIELD, Conn. , Oct. 7, 2014 /CNW/ -- UL Consumer Products, a leading global provider of independent testing, inspection and audit services, and the Promotional Product Professionals of Canada (PPPC) have entered into a cooperation agreement, providing discounted testing services and news articles alerting members of regulatory changes affecting the industry.

"Laboratory testing provides an essential check on product safety, quality, and performance to help ensure products are produced in compliance with applicable regulations and brand specifications," says Jon Christiano , General Manager for UL Consumer Products, North America.  "UL can aid PPPC members in their compliance with the standards and regulations mandated by Health Canada and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and other international product safety standards."

An approved quality assurance service provider for several major licensing programs, UL Consumer Products is registered with the CPSC as an accredited laboratory for CPSIA third-party testing.  The company provides a full scope of laboratory testing services to help promotional products companies comply with global standards, including Canada's Consumer Product Safety Act, CPSIA regulations, and state regulations, such as California Proposition 65.  With laboratories located in key producing countries, clients have the ability to test their products at the point of manufacture.

According to Haley Sprague , UL Account Executive for promotional products services, "UL's expertise covers a wide variety of consumer products including toys, premiums, hardlines and softlines.  As a testing resource for PPPC, UL is an expert resource for association members, helping to develop quality and safety testing protocols, identify critical control points in the supply chain and manage their regulatory compliance."

Per the agreement, UL will also provide monthly educational webinars on product safety related topics related to the promotional products industry; dates and times to be announced.

Contact Haley.Sprague@ul.com for more information on UL's promotional and licensed products quality assurance programs.

About UL

UL is a premier global independent safety science company that has championed progress for 120 years. Its more than 10,000 professionals are guided by the UL mission to promote safe working and living environments for all people. UL uses research and standards to continually advance and meet ever-evolving safety needs. We partner with businesses, manufacturers, trade associations and international regulatory authorities to bring solutions to a more complex global supply chain. For more information about our certification, testing, inspection, advisory and education services, visit http://www.UL.com.

About PPPC

Founded in 1956, Promotional Product Professionals of Canada is the national grouping of suppliers and distributors of promotional products for business gifts, rewards, incentives, premiums and specialty advertising products. Its mission is to lead, inspire and advance the $3.5 billion industry through the strength of more than 7,222 companies involved in the business and their 24,000 people across Canada . Its members offer more than 360,000 promotional items through the association's website at www.pppc.ca.

Contact:
Kim Vranas
Marketing Manager, UL Consumer Products
781.821.2200

SOURCE UL Consumer Products

Article references
finance.yahoo.com