A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discussthe advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.

People like factories because they bring new jobs to a community. In my opinion, however, the benefits of a factory are outweighed by the risks. Factories cause pollution and they bring too much growth. In addition, they destroy the quiet lifestyle of a small town. That is why 1 oppose a plan to build a factory near my community. Factories cause smog. If we build a new factory, the air we breathe will become dirty. Everything will be covered with dust. Factories also pollute rivers and streams. Our water will be too di11y to drink. The environment will be hurt and peoples health will be affected by a factory.

Some people will say that more jobs will be created by a factory. However, this can have a negative result. Our population will grow quickly. Many new homes and stores will be built. There will be a lot of traffic on the roads. Fast growth can cause more harm than good.

Our city will change a lot. It is a pleasant place now. It is safe and quiet. Everybody knows everybody else. If a factory brings growth to the city, all of this will change. The small-town feel will be lost.

A factory would be helpful in some ways, but the dangers outweigh the benefits. Our city would be changed too much by a factory. 1cannot support a plan to build a new factory here.

The essay is not well organized. Better like this:

para 1: introduction. my opinion: A or B. agree or disagree
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion: because of reasons 1,2,3, so i agree/disagree.

Read essays by top users:
http://www.testbig.com/users/vanan