Do you agree with the following statement Watching television is a waste of time Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree with the following statement?

Watching television is a waste of time. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People watch television for different reasons such as, for entertainment, to get updated and for knowledge. Television keeps us updated with current news and events locally and around the world. It is one of the important sources of information. So, I don’t thinks that watching television is a waste of time.

To begin with first reason for this opinion, television keeps us updated. It has various channels like, News, National Geographic, Discovery, Sports and many others. News channels provide current news about education, politics, weather, new inventions and happenings all over the world. Through National Geographic channel, we could obtain information about various places and their importance from all around the world. Discovery channel keep us updated with new inventions.

In addition, television allows us the ability to obtain safety information in case of emergency through advertisements. For example, it provides instructions about what should we do in case of fire, accidents and natural calamities. On the other hand, television also entertains us through entertainment and sports channels. It has various channels according to age groups. For example, young people can watch live matches and programs by sitting at home. Kids can watch cartoon channel. Mothers can watch cooking shows and grandparents can watch spiritual shows. There are various educational programs telecasts on television which are good for children. I think everyone could obtain some information through it.

Finally, not all channels and shows telecast on television are good. Some shows are very tempting and allows us to stick in front of television and we waste our valuable time. Some shows are not good for kids. So, we have to decide what is good and what is bad for us and our kids. If we utilize television correctly, then we could obtain knowledge and keep ourselves updated.

Sentence: Discovery channel keep us updated with new inventions.
Description: The fragment channel keep us is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace keep with verb, past tense

No. of Words: 298 350 (need more words)
Avg. Sentence Length: 12.957 21.0 (need more compound or complex sentences)

Read this link to understand What is sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater