Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All school teachers should be required to attend courses every 5 years to update their knowledge.

Teachers are an important part of our education. We spend most of the time with them while we are in school and they teach us important lessons. Some people think that all school teachers should be required to attend courses every 5 years to update their knowledge, whereas others disagree. Personally, I think there are many advantages when teachers update their knowledge every 5 years by attending courses.

To begin with, new information has been available due to advanced technologies and new research, so it’s important for teachers to provide most updated information and knowledge to their students. For example, when I was in university, my physiology professor was very passionate about his subject and he was always on top of the information by studying and attending conferences. We learn things which was even not in our textbooks, which was useful for me when I started working at pharmacy. I knew about new medications which just came into the market because I learned about them from him. My experience taught me that it is important for teachers to have updated knowledge because students can benefit from them.

In addition, teachers can provide a better lecture to their students by attending courses. When they attend courses, they would not only gain new information but also they would get a chance to review their knowledge. Courses will require teachers to study more. When teacher review and study their subject, they are likely to be able to teach better because they have better understanding of their subject. If teachers don’t keep studying, their knowledge tend to decrease. We are human so we would forget if we don’t keep learning.

To sum up, all school teachers should be forced to join coursed to brash up their knowledge because their students benefit from having knowledgeable teachers.

Suggestion: put one more paragraph in essay body.