You are hereDo you agree or disagree with the following statement? Competition among friends has a negative effect on the friendship.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Competition among friends has a negative effect on the friendship.

tnan3158's picture

By tnan3158 - Posted on 19 October 2013

There is no doubt that the human is a socialized animals, everyone needs friends to share a happiness and support when another falls out of the train. I would say it is not easy to keep a relationship among friends. Some people believe that nothing can affect on a friendship if people are already good friends. Personally, I think competition among friends is able to scavenge the friendship.

To begin with, mostly friends lose of trust on each other when they have to expose to the situation of competition. When one wants to be better than another, trust and sincerity do not exist between them. For example, I experienced betrayal from my one of my co-workers when I first worked for the pharmaceutical company in Thailand. Before we worked in the same position, we were good friends. Since by boss announced that we have to work together as a parallel, of course, it was a competition among us. Naturally, everyone wants to get a better performance and nobody wants another one to be better. As a result, in order to compete another person, she betrayed on me and stepped on me for achieving a better position. From that experience, I always tell myself that I do not work in the same positions as my friends do because I have no desire to lose the friendship with anybody again.

In addition, I believe that keeping a relationship cannot be success if friends do not have giving and sincerity for each other. Competition leads people to have more self-attention and disregard giving and sharing in order to induce positive effects on the friendship. For instance, when I was in the pharmacist school, my classmates and I had exams frequently. Because the teachers evaluated a performance of the students based on score percentage system, the students who have highest scores get “A” but the student who has the lowest scores get “F”, everyone has to compete with others to get good grades. In fact, nobody wants to share studied materials to others, so the circumstance of the class got stressed and the friendship of my classmates were getting worst.

To sum up, I would deny the situation that I have to compete with my friends because I do not want experience of losing of trust and generosity. Competition can induce selfishness to everyone if we do not be aware. Therefore, I would highly recommend everyone to do the best on his job and try to stay away from competition in order to maintain the friendship

It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? galitb84
186) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is easier to keep old friends than it is to make new friends. magicsk
TOEFL essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. new2TOEFL sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the statement that increasing teacher's salary is the best way to improve the education quality. echoqishu
TOPIC# 29 some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? ftn sticky icon
TOPIC# 28 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. ftn
Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Other feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. osman
101: some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines. Which do you prefer? saharpouya
integrated Toefl questions ftn
Many teachers assign homework to students every day. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. hajarisfahan

How do movies and television influence people's behavior.? Give reasons and examples to support your answer. Lauren TOEFL
Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay. magicsk TOEFL
TOEFL essay: Learning about the past has no value for those of us living in the present. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. sheppard TOEFL
Many parts of the world are losing important natural resources, such as forests, animals, or clean water Choose one resource that is disappearing and explain why it needs to be saved Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. Siddhi TOEFL
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. zeezoo TOEFL
Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are. hajarisfahan Independent TOEFL Writing
TOPIC # 31 Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place ftn sticky icon TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words. Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. nataliamenezes TOEFL
It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be builtin your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why?Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. nidhi_cse03 TOEFL
Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ambikap TOEFL

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Being able to speak well is better than being able to write well ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Whichwould you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
three obstacles which archaeologists confronted in Britain. mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Three ways for controlling cane toads in order not to over populate in Australia mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. covinfox Independent TOEFL Writing
Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throuhout their lives, looking for a better job, house,community or even climate. Which do you prefer:staying in one place or moving in search of another place? nomantic Independent TOEFL Writing
Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. basilmostafa Independent TOEFL Writing
Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. BasilMooos91 Independent TOEFL Writing

What historical event in your country has had a major effect nasrin Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing