Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is desirable for students to take classes in many subjects rather than to specialize in other subject. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Many people argue that students should take classes only in their own fields of study than in many subjects. However, I do believe that it is very desirable and beneficial for students to take many different subjects with two reasons.

First of all, people can get well-rounded education if taking classes in many different subjects. By taking different subjects in broad way, students will be more knowledgeable on many different topics and make themselves “generalist”. In these days, society including job-market prefers “generalist” to “specialist. For instance, I have friend who likes to take variety classes in university. At one time, she took arts, philosophy, and yoga classes even though her major was Economics. Of course, it was very busy semester for her, but she managed her classes very well and, at the end of semester, got opportunity to work in art museum. She said people are not looking for students who only know one field, because they could be very biased.

Some people might say that it wastes time and money. Students could rather use that time and money to move ahead in their area of specialization. However, it also could be opportunity costs to discover strength. People often find their hidden potentials in a sudden way. If you have not experienced before, you would not be able to get that opportunity or find one’s strength anyways. In my case, I chose my career after taking several different courses. I took accounting 101 classes when I was junior, and found myself interested in working with numbers. Since then, I took some extra classes related to accounting and had opportunity to work in non-profit organizations as financial assistant. I was able to appeal to employer by showing different subject courses that I took.

In conclusion, I agree that it is beneficial for students to take many different classes to help to be knowledgeable and to discover my strength. Furthermore, I heard many people regret not taking different courses or classes after graduate school. In university of college, it might be the last chance for somebody to learn different subject, even though it is costly in time and money.

Read this link about sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater