Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Money is better spent on eliminating poverty than on developing new technologies.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Money is better spent on eliminating poverty than on developing new technologies.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People now is much wealthier than those in the past. In developed countries, not many people suffer from poverty anymore. However, poverty still exists in many developing countries. In developing country, people can get neither enough food nor medical treatment. Therefore, money is better spent on eliminating poverty than on new technologies.

To begin with, we have already developed enough technologies to make our lives more comfortable and our daily lives more efficient. We have a great form of transportation such as car, train, bus and aircraft, which enable us to move from one point to another in a short period of time. We have all the high-tech appliances such as dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, washing machine and gas stove that help our daily tasks. We have computer and the internet to work and study. Therefore, it is not necessary to develop new technologies.

In addition to the previous point, developing new technologies requires a huge amount of money. With that money, we can feed a large number of people in the world and eliminate fame. Also, using money towards to education in developing country is a great idea because when people get educated, it is likely to eliminate poverty.

To sum up, technologies have changed our lives significantly so some people believe that we should spend more money on developing new technologies. However, I believe we should spend money on saving people.

250 words wanted!