Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Playing a game is fun only when you win Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing a game is fun only when you win. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

No, I do not agree that playing a game is fun only when you win it. Playing is not just about winning but is also about enjoying the game. When two teams play only one can arrive as the winner and the other team has to lose. Accepting failure and learning from the mistakes that led to failure is what sportsman spirit is all about.

I come from a country with frenzied cricket fans. When our country plays against another country we get too involved in the game such that we cannot even accept the idea of defeat, but not always they come out triumphant. As audience it is very difficult for us to let go the trophy, however the men on the field do not feel the same about it because they enjoy the game thoroughly and accept the outcome whatever it be. This is the relation that the two teams share with each other. The teams do not eye each other as foes but as worthy opponents.

Life is not scripted to only include achievements. If it were so it would turn out to be dull and boring. Failure acts as a condiment to add some flavor to life. Games like golf are truly recreational. It is more of a meditation where one leaves behind tensions pertaining to life and relaxes the mind in the game.

Different games like cricket, hockey, football, basketball, tennis, badminton involves two teams and both the teams try to give their best in the game, however only one team wins; this doesn't imply that the other team didn't have fun at all. Games are played for fun not for the sole aim of winning. It is true that winning the game is a bonus and is definitely a pleasure however losing the game does not rob you of all the fun you had while playing the game.