Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The telephone has greater influence on people’s lives than television has.

If the past has taught me anything, that is television has greater influence on my life. The reason why so many people believe telephone has more impact is beyond me. In my opinion, television not only broadens our horizons but also helps us to tell the right from the wrong.

First of all, as one of the knowledge carriers, Television imparts us practical skills and also opens our minds. As you see, there are many ways to get access to knowledge-through parents, teachers, books and so forth. However, nothing could compare with the television for the visual and audio images it presents. As a result, people, especially children, find it much easier to absorb new information and have more interests in learning. Take myself as an example. When I was 5 years old, I invariably watched a TV show called “The Blue Cat and His Three Thousand Questions". In every episode, the character “Blue Cat" came across a problem for which later he found a scientific solution to solve. I remember once during a thunder night, he was shocked when sheltering under the trees, and later he told audience the reason he got shock was because trees were electric conductor. From then on, I always stay away from trees at the thunder night. By watching the television program, I have learnt lots of scientific knowledge which does me a favor. In addition, watching television inspires children to develop creative thinking. As is known to all, children always ask a serious of questions when they watch the show. During the questioning process, they exercise their brains and become innovative. For instance, my cousin Jim keeps asking questions such as" why do people cook food before they eat it?" when he watched food program on TV. Finally he comes to realize the philosophy of life that you get what you pay for.

More importantly, it helps people to tell what is right and what is wrong. There is a regular pattern in the TV program that the sin of bad guy always finds him out and kind people invariably have a happy ending. The same goes for reality. The show sets a good example to audience and lead children to the right path, a path with responsibility, conscience and generosity. Therefore, television is also of an educational nature.

In conclusion, television has greater influence on people. It not only open our minds but also set good example for us to follow.

The second paragraph is too big, you may break it up to two paragraphs. Or put more contents for the third paragraph to keep balance.