You are hereDo you agree or disagree with the following statement?Money can't buy happiness.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Money can't buy happiness.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

pkesf52513's picture

By pkesf52513 - Posted on 28 May 2013

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Money can't buy happiness.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Happiness is a difficult word to define, in general. Everyone has different way of measuring happiness. Some people believe that money can buy happiness, while others disagree. As far as I am concerned, although having a lot of money offers us more choices of what we can do, money can't buy happiness because money can't buy love and time.

To begin with, money can't buy love. Happy life usually come from having good friends and family who care about us. Being around loved one makes our life meaningful and happy. For example, I have read an article about famous actress in Japan who recently became depression. She has been very popular in Japan for last several years because of her beauty and fantastic acting skill. Even though she was earning a huge amount of money every year, she was not happy because she didn't have any close friends or loved one who really care about her. On the other hand, I have seen many people who have happy lives without money because they are surrounded by love.

In addition to the previous point, in often case, people have to work very hard to earn a lot of money, which means they have less time for their private life. For example, one of my friends how own his business works 6 days a week. He is successful person cause he earns good money. However, he is busy all the time so that he doesn't have time to spend his money as well as he is stressed out. Even though people have money, if they don't have time to enjoy their life, it is worthless money.

To sum up, although money is important for us, it can't buy happiness because love and quality of life bring you happiness.

People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? nar78 Independent TOEFL Writing
TPO14 integrated writing: Salvage logging VertFeuille Integrated TOEFL Writing
People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment – doing things they like to do-rather than doing things they should do. mary nili TOEFL
When you are assigned an important presentation for work or school, you prefer to work on it right away so that you can work on it a little bit every day, or wait until you have a good idea about the presentation? echoqishu TOEFL
What is your ideal job? Rasha sticky icon TOEFL
"Describe a custom from your country that you would like people from other countries to adopt." alperdemirbag TOEFL
It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? bjeddi Independent TOEFL Writing
Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. nar78 TOEFL
Some people prefer to work for themselves or own a business. Others prefer to work for an employer. Would you rather be self employed, work for someone else, or own a business? Use specific reasons to explain your choice Rahmawaty TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words. Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. nataliamenezes TOEFL

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Being able to speak well is better than being able to write well ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. covinfox Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. BasilMooos91 Independent TOEFL Writing
Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throuhout their lives, looking for a better job, house,community or even climate. Which do you prefer:staying in one place or moving in search of another place? nomantic Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing
What do you consider to be the most important room in the house? Why is this room more important than any other room? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion andogan Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? at universities and collage, sports and social activities just as important as classes an library and should equal financial support? nasrin Independent TOEFL Writing

Sentence: In addition to the previous point, in often case, people have to work very hard to earn a lot of money, which means they have less time for their private life.
Description: The fragment in often case is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace often with adjective

Sentence: For example, one of my friends how own his business works 6 days a week.
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by a determiner, possessive
Suggestion: Refer to own and his

Need more arguments before examples.