You are hereDo you agree or disagree with the following statement?Money can't buy happiness.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Money can't buy happiness.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

pkesf52513's picture

By pkesf52513 - Posted on 28 May 2013

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Money can't buy happiness.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Happiness is a difficult word to define, in general. Everyone has different way of measuring happiness. Some people believe that money can buy happiness, while others disagree. As far as I am concerned, although having a lot of money offers us more choices of what we can do, money can't buy happiness because money can't buy love and time.

To begin with, money can't buy love. Happy life usually come from having good friends and family who care about us. Being around loved one makes our life meaningful and happy. For example, I have read an article about famous actress in Japan who recently became depression. She has been very popular in Japan for last several years because of her beauty and fantastic acting skill. Even though she was earning a huge amount of money every year, she was not happy because she didn't have any close friends or loved one who really care about her. On the other hand, I have seen many people who have happy lives without money because they are surrounded by love.

In addition to the previous point, in often case, people have to work very hard to earn a lot of money, which means they have less time for their private life. For example, one of my friends how own his business works 6 days a week. He is successful person cause he earns good money. However, he is busy all the time so that he doesn't have time to spend his money as well as he is stressed out. Even though people have money, if they don't have time to enjoy their life, it is worthless money.

To sum up, although money is important for us, it can't buy happiness because love and quality of life bring you happiness.

In most developed nations, high school is a part of every student’s life. During this time, students are faced with the burdensome task of mastering their essential subject material, getting ready to enter the work force or university, and dealing with t Ekhlass1980
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words.Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. paradise_shi
TOEFL essay: Some famous athletes and entertainers earn millions of dollars every year. Do you think these people deserve such high salaries? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. sheppard
integrated writting Ekhlass1980
Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice. hajarisfahan
TOEFL essay hints:Topic 109,110,111 sheppard
The rules that the whole society today expects young people to follow are too strict. echoqishu
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard
57) Some movies are serious, designed to make the audience think. Other movies are designed primarily to amuse and entertain. Which type of movie do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. magicsk sticky icon
SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT UNIVERSITY STUDENTS SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND CLASSES. OTHERS BELIEVE THAT GOING TO CLASSES SHOULD BE OPTIONAL FOR STUDENTS. WHICH POINT OF VIEW DO YOU AGREE WITH? ftn sticky icon

Sentence: In addition to the previous point, in often case, people have to work very hard to earn a lot of money, which means they have less time for their private life.
Description: The fragment in often case is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace often with adjective

Sentence: For example, one of my friends how own his business works 6 days a week.
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by a determiner, possessive
Suggestion: Refer to own and his

Need more arguments before examples.