You are hereDo you agree or disagree with the following statements.People should always tell the truth./ Always telling the truth is the important consideration in any relationship. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statements.People should always tell the truth./ Always telling the truth is the important consideration in any relationship. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Ana's picture

By Ana - Posted on 14 November 2012

Do you agree or disagree with the following statements.People should always tell the truth./ Always telling the truth is the important consideration in any relationship.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Truth, trust, and honesty are some of the important considerations in any relationship. These considerations make our relations more strong. But, we cannot always tell the truth for many reasons, such as we do not want to hurt someone; for our profit; and for other’s happiness.

First, always telling the truth can hurt someone and we do not want to hurt anyone, and therefore we have to lie. For example, my friend bought a dress for $100, which was not worth it for $100. She asked me, whether it is worth it or not, in such situation, I would prefer to lie, even if I know that it’s not worth it, because I do not want to hurt her. So, sometimes, we have to lie to maintain our relations.

Second, we cannot always tell the truth to make a profit especially in business. For example, businessmen need to maintain their relation with their customers, which help them to make profit. Even though, businessmen know that their products or services are not for long life, but still they advertise or present it like that to convenience their customers. Hence, businessmen, marketing and sales people have lie to make profit. So, sometimes people have lie to make profit.

In addition, sometimes we have to lie for other’s happiness. For example, a patient, who is suffering from severe disease; he also has a heart problem, and he cannot face the truth, in such situations doctors prefer to lie, which is good for patients health. So, sometimes hiding the truth can bring happiness in other's life.

Finally, not all the time relations can be maintain by telling the truth. Above explained are some of the reasons, where we cannot always tell the truth for some good reasons. Sometimes we have to lie or hide the truth for our or other’s profit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned two statements in essay topic. Please confirm about the above essay whether it is okay or not for both topics, as I thought both statements are almost same.

Please confirm.

Thanks,
Ana.