Do you agree or disagree with the statement that social activity is as important as academic class to students.

It is general truth that students' education does not only consist of learning academic subjects. It is a must for them to develop social skills. Therefore, when it comes to whether social activity is as important as academic class, I would say yes without hesitation and I would explore only two primary ones here.

The main reason for my propensity is that only through participating in social activities, can we really have a chance to practice our abilities to deal with the difficulties. As we all know, life is dotted with trouble. Since we can't avoid them, the only thing we can do is to defeat them. However, nobody is born with the skills to handle the problems, therefore we need to obtain such skills by practice and that is how social activities come into help. Take myself as an example. I used to lead my team to win the championship in the Business Plan Competition. At the beginning of competition, my team was totally in a mess. Because all the team members in my team were top-notch, most of them disdain listening to other or even taking others' opinion into considerations. Faced with this unpleasant situation, I stood out and gathered my teammates at first. I persuaded them to have a communication not debate. After making sure that the individual had really understood each other, I encouraged them to analyze the situation from different perspective and finally we came into agreement. In retrospect, I would have failed to learn how to solve the problems like this if I haven't attended this competition.

Besides, social activities also widen our knowledge. By attending the social activities, you could meet people from other places and broaden your horizon. To shed light on it, I would like to take my best friend Lucy as an example. Last year, she attended a ceremony on volunteerism. During the ceremony, she made friends with people coming from different volunteerism association. To her surprise, one of guest from marine conversation society invited her to explore the sea. Nothing could compare with this chance for her to feel the power of ocean. Thanks to this ceremony, Lucy owned a memorable experience.

In short, social activity should be taken seriously, not only for the reason that it practices our abilities but also for the fact that it enriches our experience.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/toefl