High school students have a lot of homework everyday. However, they should help their parents with household chores because it gives them responsibility.

High school is an important part of our lives. In order to go to a good university and succeed in the future, high school students need to study very hard. Teachers often give their students a lot of homework to make sure that they learn well. Some people think that high school students should not help with household tasks because they need to study hard, whereas others disagree. Personally, I believe that high school students should help their family with household chores, because it doesn’t require much time for them to help their parents and it is a good way to build a strong relationship with their parents.

To begin with, doing household tasks does not take a very long time, so even if high school students are busy with their schoolwork, they can make time. Washing dishes could take 30 minutes, cleaning a bathroom could take 15 minutes and helping a mother with preparing a meal could take 45 minutes. For example, when I was a child, my parents would ask me to help with daily housework, such as cooking and cleaning a bathroom, since both of my parents were working full-time. On the weekend I would help my mother prepare dinner, and on a weekday, I would help my family with cleaning a bathroom and doing a laundry. Even though I had a lot of homework to do, I was always able to find some time to help them. Doing household tasks was also good break from study. Moreover, when I started living by myself in college, I was able to do everything on my own since I already knew how to cook, how to clean and how to do a laundry.

In addition to the previous point, helping parents with household tasks offers high school students a chance to build a strong relationship with them. For example, when I was helping my mother cook dinner, we would talk about many things, such as what happened at school and what I want to do in my future. We had a good quality time together discussing a variety of topicS. If I was not helping her, we would not have talked that often.

To sum up, although some people may against that high school students should not do household tasks, I believe they should help their parents because it benefits both children and parents.